Scared of Google?

phing77

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i don't want anyone to call me a ****** but...
Google VS Bing?
Chrome VS IE?
Gmail VS Outlook?
Android VS WP?
Android VS Windows RT?

Google beats MS in every battlefield over here and don't tell me Outlook is better you should switch...blah blah. IE 10 is better you should switch... blah blah blah.. i personally love being in Google ecosystem we got everything we need when i use android (except damn laggy and buggy) i got access to everything i need youtube app facebook app gmail google maps(nokia maps is great but just a p.o.s in my country) google plus(who said google plus is a ghost town? a lot of people use it like me and i found my self spending time on G+ more than facebook.) and best of all i just need one account to access everything.

I don't care about Google and MS war but it MS's responsibility to make their OS better? Google block microsoft from develop youtube app. so what? it's microsoft job to make it happen. do whatever you can just make a damn youtube app. i presume everyone here know Scoogle right? that is karma.

anyway still love my 920 :)

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Google VS Bing?
Chrome VS IE?
Gmail VS Outlook?
Android VS WP?
Android VS Windows RT?

Out of that list, I can say with certainty that I like Outlook, WP and Windows RT better than their Google-variants. And I tried both.
And it really isn't Microsoft's fault they don't have a proper YouTube app, their hands are tied. Come on, if they would be able, they'd have made an awesome YouTube app ages ago.

But anyway, this topic wasn't intended to be a Android vs WP topic, but rather a topic about how Microsoft can compete with Google on a global scale.

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Google VS Bing?
Chrome VS IE?
Gmail VS Outlook?
Android VS WP?
Android VS Windows RT?

Google beats MS in every battlefield over here and don't tell me Outlook is better you should switch...blah blah. IE 10 is better you should switch... blah blah blah.. i personally love being in Google ecosystem we got everything we need when i use android (except damn laggy and buggy) i got access to everything i need youtube app facebook app gmail google maps(nokia maps is great but just a p.o.s in my country) google plus(who said google plus is a ghost town? a lot of people use it like me and i found my self spending time on G+ more than facebook.) and best of all i just need one account to access everything.

I don't care about Google and MS war but it MS's responsibility to make their OS better? Google block microsoft from develop youtube app. so what? it's microsoft job to make it happen. do whatever you can just make a damn youtube app. i presume everyone here know Scoogle right? that is karma.

Lol basically Google only beats MS in Search.

All the others services you listed Microsoft services are just way better than what Google offers and you forgot Windows on Pcs vs ChromeBooks and also Office vs Google Docs. Also MSN vs Google News where MSN is much much better.

IE10 is much cooler then Chrome and Outlook RAPES Gmail. Also Windows RT is much better than Android the problema is the prices.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Google VS Bing?

You can have this one. Even though I try and Bing as much as possible.

Chrome VS IE?

In my experience the opposite is true. Chrome with NO add-ons jacked up my PC. IE hasn't done this to me ever.

Gmail VS Outlook?

I find Outlook easier to use, and clean. And it has quite a lot of features. Btw, I have an Outlook, a Live (with Outlook interface etc) and 2 Gmail accounts that are set to be regulars.

Android VS WP?

Feature-wise, yes Android is better. Experience-wise... I disagree, I find WP a LOT better.

Android VS Windows RT?

I haven't tried Windows RT but do find the Android tabs suit my needs better than the RT tabs in terms of hardware (and I don't mean OMG must have octocore phone stuff, I mean hardware features like active/capacitive dual-digitisers and stuff).

I just went through your post. I don't use Google+ though, prefer FB because everyone I know near enough is on it!

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Google block microsoft from develop youtube app. so what? it's microsoft job to make it happen. do whatever you can just make a damn youtube app.
And that's the problem I have with Google defenders, whether you were intending to be one or not. There's just a lack of fundamental understanding of the situation, whether through lack of research or willful ignorance. Microsoft is saying they've worked with the YouTube team, have a client ready, and Google shut it down. Would the situation be the same if YouTube had stayed independent? And Scroogled is a marketing campaign, it doesn't hurt users. Google is hurting users, from acquiring YouTube and shutting out Microsoft, to essentially monopolising the RSS market then killing their product.

Now personally, I wouldn't give a crap if Apple didn't allow iTunes to work with Windows 8. That's Apple for you, they may be smug but they aren't blatantly blindsiding you. If Google wishes to play it's bullcrap "openness" and "freedom" arguments, it should stop locking out development of clients for its yes, proprietary services. Let's not even get started on actually opening up those proprietary services.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i honestly dont find anything about google appealing. If anything i have nothing but pure blind hatred for google for doing what its done to youtube. To each their own, but dont sit here and expect me to choose google over ms, not because of flame wars, but simply because everything they touch turns to ****, with their damn ads...

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
If IE had a proper ad block and pop-up blocker like Chrome and FF did then people wouldn't be ragging on it so much.

A lot of people I know who have Google+ accounts only signed up in order to get access to other Google services but don't actually use Google+ itself.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If IE had a proper ad block and pop-up blocker like Chrome and FF did then people wouldn't be ragging on it so much.

A lot of people I know who have Google+ accounts only signed up in order to get access to other Google services but don't actually use Google+ itself.

Whats wrong with TPL?

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Whats wrong with TPL?
Does that work as good as AdBlocker? Because I'm this close to switching to IE. I'm just waiting for Simple Adblock to release a IE 10 version.

But ontopic, Google is going to release Babble, with which they'll compete with Facebook and Skype... And it'll probably be better, just like a lot of other services. You guys kinda get the point, I'm making, right?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Does that work as good as AdBlocker? Because I'm this close to switching to IE. I'm just waiting for Simple Adblock to release a IE 10 version.

But ontopic, Google is going to release Babble, with which they'll compete with Facebook and Skype... And it'll probably be better, just like a lot of other services. You guys kinda get the point, I'm making, right?

Works great for me. There are quite a few you can choose to install. I didn't feel like choosing, so I installed all of them. :)

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It works reasonably well, though it isn't as easy to set up as AdBlock for Chrome, for example. It's not primarily built to block ads, so you don't get the ease of use such as right clicking an ad and blocking it.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, well, well, the Co-creator of Android stepped down in office. This could be a paradigm shift in Google's fate.

mjbatnt.gif

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, well, well, the Co-creator of Android stepped down in office. This could be a paradigm shift in Google's fate.

He moved to a project that Google won't publicly reveal yet. Rubin himself stated his real passion is inventing more than maintaining, speculation is that he wants to get involved with a newer Google project rather than stay involved with the business side of Android. I wouldn't read too much into it. His successor is also extremely talented

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
i don't want anyone to call me a ****** but...Google VS Bing?Chrome VS IE?Gmail VS Outlook?Android VS WP?Android VS Windows RT?
Google search is better than Bing; but, the other wars except email are ones where I can pick "neither" and I don't agree Gmail is better than Outlook. I'm not being a ****** when I say Outlook is better. I use all email services... Even AOL! Gmail lacks features Outlook offers like Skydrive with high storage capacity and easy file transfers as well as the Office web apps.

Even if Google wins against Mucrosoft in certain matchups, there is nothing to fear if it doesn't hold a monopoly position. I can still pick a non-Google, non-Microsoft alternative. For example, I prefer Opera and iPads. What will big Google do about that?

MinnesotaSteve

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I've been in this business a long time, and frankly I think Microsoft is simply receiving a good solid dose of their own medicine. I've seen a lot of companies come and go. What was on top is no longer. Good ideas do usually prevail.

I think Microsoft is learning, and they've got some good ideas right now on the direction of things, but they seem to be struggling to explain it. I think in large part because of the existing culture.

Google for as large as they are is also itself struggling. They've succeeded with search and make money there, but most all of their other initiatives for how clever and creative they are... they don't make money. Android for how success it is, doesn't really make Google money. It helps direct traffic to their sites but is that enough?

We'll see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99