Do you think WPcentral will win the NAS contest?

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
This will be HUGE for Jay.. He deserves it, this app is amazing i couldn't ask for more. What do you think? Is WPcentral a possible winner of the NAS contest?? (at least i know that i will be voting for WPcentral until the end)

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
what the ****. this is the kind of stuff that makes me mad. i get it supports this forum, but when it went up against ARMED or whatever that game is, it should have lost. i mean you can do the same thing as the app does via browser. you can't get that game via browser.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
what the ****. this is the kind of stuff that makes me mad. i get it supports this forum, but when it went up against ARMED or whatever that game is, it should have lost. i mean you can do the same thing as the app does via browser. you can't get that game via browser.

Why should it have lost? Please to elaborate on this.

Not everyone plays ARMED and this forum is the largest dedicated WP forum that I know of and I'm sure that Jay Bennett put as much or more effort into creating his app for us to easily access it.

I prefer waking up and looking at my Tile to see what's new rather than launching a browser and scrolling down the news.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't played armed before but I heard it is a good game. Even if you think that it should have lost, it won because more people thought this app was worthy. Its all opinions, and voters are expressing theirs.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Why should it have lost? Please to elaborate on this.

Not everyone plays ARMED and this forum is the largest dedicated WP forum that I know of and I'm sure that Jay Bennett put as much or more effort into creating his app for us to easily access it.

I prefer waking up and looking at my Tile to see what's new rather than launching a browser and scrolling down the news.

like i said before, if you can do it on a website then it shouldn't even compete. ya it's a good app, but i can do the same thing on the website through the browser. currently my 920 is in the shop, i'm using my old blackberry 9900 and i check the forums regularly via the website and it works just fine. the game can't be played on the site so it's a welcome addition which can keep the developer keep coding for the WP platform if they win. where as a website app isn't because you can go visit the website so it isn't necessary if they code for the platform or not. by the way are you really comparing a game to a forum app? for sure a game took a lot longer to produce and resources. shading, coding, drawing that all takes time and resources.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Bad brackets, all up. Half the apps are so average that I just picked at random, I could count the number of deserving apps with one hand.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

I get that ARMED is an awesome game, but this app is just AMAZING it has forums, videos, links, comments, inbox. With everything that Jay has added I don't have to go to the website. Furthermore, do you know how time consuming is going from browser page to browser page on slow speed (data) places.. I mean i was in FL recently with my 620 and horrible data (Edge and GPRS), and for me it was more convenient to visit the app than the website. I dont want to imagine in oyher countries where 4G even 3G is,not widely available. Also availability, if I am,no wrong WPcentral is available in more countries than ARMED.. Of course the best it would have been WPcentral vs ARMED in the final bracket, but oh well..

P.S I love ARMED it is an awesome game, but i visit this app more times than i play the game.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The WPCentral app is a experience. End of story.

It beats websites in all forms. Its a masterpiece because of layout and structure is capturing 100% of what "Metro/Modern/callitwhateveryoulike" should be when its working. Other developers should study and learn what thought and ideas Mr Bennett have done here.

Content, layout, structure = experience = the best way, or the only way to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examking010