Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree8Likes
  1. iHuGi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
       #1  
    Update 4-24:

    Microsoft News | Windows Tablets Captures 7.5% Of Tablet Market After Just 6 Months Into The Market

    As of January 2013 - After 2 Full Years

    Good read with many stats here:

    Microsoft News | Real-world Usage Numbers Reveal Chromebooks Sales Are Poorer Than Windows RT

    The best thing is that Windows RT is still overpriced and hasnt achieved the 200e mark and 7 inch Tablets, lets hope it gains traction and starts selling some milions!
    Last edited by HeyCori; 04-24-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Thread title length
  2. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    887 Posts
    Global Posts
    890 Global Posts
    #2  
    the form factor isn't relevant.

    see the lackluster sales of chromebook, rt, surfacepro, etc
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
  3. iHuGi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    the form factor isn't relevant.

    see the lackluster sales of chromebook, rt, surfacepro, etc
    How do we know Surface Pro was lackluster if MS isnt giving any data.
  4. squire777's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    #4  
    lol chormebook
  5. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    887 Posts
    Global Posts
    890 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by iHuGi View Post
    How do we know Surface Pro was lackluster if MS isnt giving any data.
    we don't. balmer & company would sure be singing about it if it was selling like mad though, next apple would push out something in the same form factor and claim victory for whatever reason.

    neither of which is happening.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    we don't. balmer & company would sure be singing about it if it was selling like mad though, next apple would push out something in the same form factor and claim victory for whatever reason.

    neither of which is happening.
    Balmer is a watch company. Ballmer is the CEO of Microsoft.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    rhodri22 and calfee20 like this.
  7. Coreldan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,532 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    #7  
    Also Surface's (neither, really) still arnt available all around the world properly. Surface Pro even less so.
  8. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    17,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,936 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    we don't. balmer & company would sure be singing about it if it was selling like mad though, next apple would push out something in the same form factor and claim victory for whatever reason.

    neither of which is happening.
    Apple did file for a patent on a touchscreen device with a removable keyboard. Apple Patents A Convertible MacBook Design, And Street View Navigation That Can Go Inside Buildings | TechCrunch
    Thanked by:
    stmav 
    stmav likes this.
  9. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,996 Global Posts
    #9  
    So I guess Acer must be rolling in it. /s

    Acer selling more Google Chrombebooks than Windows 8 laptops
  10. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    887 Posts
    Global Posts
    890 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Apple did file for a patent on a touchscreen device with a removable keyboard. Apple Patents A Convertible MacBook Design, And Street View Navigation That Can Go Inside Buildings | TechCrunch
    its much easier to extort money from patents than to engineer, build, market, and distribute a product.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
    kalo88 likes this.
  11. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    887 Posts
    Global Posts
    890 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    So I guess Acer must be rolling in it. /s

    Acer selling more Google Chrombebooks than Windows 8 laptops
    well, that's interesting.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
  12. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #12  
    acer computers suck "bleep"
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    acer computers suck "bleep"
    I hate when people say that. Acer makes great computers, just every cheap ******* buys a $200 laptop and complains that it doesnt run like a $800 laptop.

    try out a top end Acer, they are quite awesome!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
  14. #14  
    I agree, acer computers, especially the high end ones are some of the best and prettiest ultrabooks that I've seen, I also think them and ASUS did the best job on their windows 8 launch. As someone that sells computers, what I can tell you is the brand is pretty much irrelevant. Seeing as they all use almost the same parts in every computer, it really matters more the money you spend on a computer and not the brand so much. People don't like acer a lot because they buy a super cheap computer and expect it to perform like a MacBook pro. When it comes to cheap computers though, acer has pretty much perfected the art of the cheap computer. I tell this to my customers to choose a computer based on how you like it, like the keyboard and mouse, and size, features..etc. Don't really look at the brand too much. Price is more important as almost all 1000$ computers of any brand are built pretty much with solid build quality regardless of brand.
  15. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridemyscooter86 View Post
    Don't really look at the brand too much. Price is more important as almost all 1000$ computers of any brand are built pretty much with solid build quality regardless of brand.
    Naw, HP has forgotten how to make good trackpads, lol.
  16. iHuGi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
       #16  
    With the prices so high already 7.5% of the market...

    What will happen once those 199e and 99e 7inches tablets start flying around ?
  17. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,570 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    #17  
    i don't see the proof/source where RT sales # > Chromebook sales #.
  18. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I hate when people say that. Acer makes great computers, just every cheap ******* buys a $200 laptop and complains that it doesnt run like a $800 laptop.

    try out a top end Acer, they are quite awesome!
    i dont buy laptops under 600 dollars, are you calling me a cheap *******? i bought an 800 dollar acer that had issues with the speaker only to replace it like 4 times because they all had they same issue? right now i have a 899$ asus and love it. Please dont generalize me, people say this about acer because of personal experience with them.and ridemyscooter86 again i didnt buy a cheap computer im the most computer savvy person in my household and i know what i look for, to me pretty means nothing id rather have functionality and ruggedness to my laptop. acer to me sucks thats my opinion and im not changing it.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

    theefman likes this.
  19. squire777's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    #19  
    As popular as Android is in the smartphone sector, Android tablets have pretty much mostly been duds. The only real thing they have going for them is the price point.

    If some good quality W8 tablets can hit the market then I can see the marketshare growing even more.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    i dont buy laptops under 600 dollars, are you calling me a cheap *******? i bought an 800 dollar acer that had issues with the speaker only to replace it like 4 times because they all had they same issue? right now i have a 899$ asus and love it. Please dont generalize me, people say this about acer because of personal experience with them.and ridemyscooter86 again i didnt buy a cheap computer im the most computer savvy person in my household and i know what i look for, to me pretty means nothing id rather have functionality and ruggedness to my laptop. acer to me sucks thats my opinion and im not changing it.
    not saying you are a cheap *******, just the general public that says that. I prefer Asus over Acer in most cases, but to say Acer sucks is just plain wrong.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
  21. #21  
    I have an Acer 9800, yes that's the 20" screen laptop. Its always been great n very reliable. I have just come to the point where I'm looking for a new laptop but i need 17" that can also be used as a tablet. Once the right one comes along I'm buying.
  22. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    not saying you are a cheap *******, just the general public that says that. I prefer Asus over Acer in most cases, but to say Acer sucks is just plain wrong.
    it could also be tentative;-);-)
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

  23. aniym's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    #23  
    The number in the Strategy Analytics report is 7.5% of Q1 2013 shipments, not "7.5% of the tablet market". Given that they're methodology only includes RT devices and not x86 hybrids, it's impressive, but saying that it has 7.5% of the market using shipment estimates for one quarter is highly misleading.
  24. rm5432's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #24  
    7.5% is a big achievement, WP could not reach 5% in years.
    Microsoft is pushing Apple to the mid end (Ipad mini), taking a relevant share of the high range 10 inch market.
    12Danny123 likes this.
  25. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    i dont buy laptops under 600 dollars, are you calling me a cheap *******? i bought an 800 dollar acer that had issues with the speaker only to replace it like 4 times because they all had they same issue? right now i have a 899$ asus and love it. Please dont generalize me, people say this about acer because of personal experience with them.and ridemyscooter86 again i didnt buy a cheap computer im the most computer savvy person in my household and i know what i look for, to me pretty means nothing id rather have functionality and ruggedness to my laptop. acer to me sucks thats my opinion and im not changing it.
    I also didn't say that YOU PERSONALLY bought a cheap computer, I said, as a generalization that PEOPLE who buy cheap computers are usually displeased with them. And no, I would not consider an 800$ computer a cheap computer, also im sorry to hear that you have had speaker problems with your acer, and I'm also not telling you that you have to like them either. You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. From personal experience though, EVERYBODY (not singling you out here winfan1), hates one computer brand or another...my least favorite one is asus. If you had fun with acer tech support, try ASUS. My little brother's ASUS (which I spent 800$ on) power connector on the laptop keeps breaking and I've had to send it back to them 3 times now. I realize that its a problematic model and that many of their computers don't have this issue. Now when it takes them, each time, 2 months to send it back to me, I will say that thier service is pretty lousy, so hopefully nothing happens to yours or you're in a world of pain. Also, same complaint which I have with their motherboards too, which is why I only like to buy gigabyte and msi. ASUS quality is fine, their service is sorely lacking when compared to Dell, HP, toshiba, and apple for example.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FYI, you can run x84 windows applications on your rt device
    By livingenzyme in forum ASUS VivoTab RT
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 05:10 PM
  2. Smoked by a Windows Phone
    By pjbball04 in forum WindowsCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 12:48 AM
  4. Windows Phone Device Manager 1.8 Public Beta is out
    By dragonide in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 03:33 PM
  5. how do uplaod and doawnlad files in Windows Mobile devices?
    By sahand#WP in forum WindowsCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 07:50 AM

Posting Permissions