Microsoft announces Q1 2013 results. Revenue up $3 billion from last year.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Revenue hit $20.49 billion, up from $17.41 last year. Net income was $6.06 billion.

Dead company walking. :grin:

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Revenue hit $20.49 billion, up from $17.41 last year. Net income was $6.06 billion.

Dead company walking. :grin:

Meanwhile....

aapl.png

The gods of technology, Microsoft have done it again!

mjbatnt.gif

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Way to go MS. They're growing in every major area or their business even though most of the media is constantly predicting that their death is imminent. Windows sales are up even though most of the media is reporting that Windows 8 is a failure and that the PC industry is dying. Profits are up 19% even though just last week Goldman Sachs downgraded their stock rating.

Goldman Sachs drops Microsoft stock rating from Neutral to Sell | Windows Phone Central

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Profits are up 19% even though just last week Goldman Sachs downgraded their stock rating.

If it isn't a complete no-brainer, you can usually trust Goldman Sachs to publicly recommend one course of action and then turn around and do the exact opposite with their own money.

Nothing they say has any purpose, other than to facilitate the transfer of wealth onto their own pockets.

MattMamba2012

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone explain why there is such a bias against Microsoft? Why do people want it to go away in favor of apple and google? I honestly don't get it. Almost every tech site I visit has an anti Microsoft bias to it. The Verge especially. All the while it seems like google and apple can do no wrong to these people. Its so frustrating always hearing doom and gloom about Microsoft. I'm glad their earnings report shows they're doing well.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If it isn't a complete no-brainer, you can usually trust Goldman Sachs to publicly recommend one course of action and then turn around and do the exact opposite with their own money.

Nothing they say has any purpose, other than to facilitate the transfer of wealth onto their own pockets.

Agreed. That is why I bought even more MS stock after Goldman Sachs made their recommendation to sell. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Apple gets way more ahte than Microsoft, go on youtube and search for Iphone 5 parody and watch the comments and the views... i dont know why they get so much hate really.

Microsoft gets alot aswell.

Great Results, happy with Xbox 360s, Xbox Live, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7.8, aswell Office 2013 is rock solid +.+

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple gets way more ahte than Microsoft, go on youtube and search for Iphone 5 parody and watch the comments and the views... i dont know why they get so much hate really.

Microsoft gets alot aswell.

Great Results, happy with Xbox 360s, Xbox Live, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7.8, aswell Office 2013 is rock solid +.+

Nope. Microsoft is deemed as inferior to Macs, iPhones. iPads and Galaxies. They are the "it" thing now. Once Windows Phone blows up watch Windows 8 and the Surface boost sales. It's not as cool as the Galaxies and iProducts right now. Most Windows Phone users I know have a lot of knowledge about the products and the people who own WP8 Phones will surely benefit Microsoft, Nokia and (probably) HTC with their sales. One of my co-workers though think the WP8 is such an expensive and elite device and hates her Galaxy Phone. She want a WP8 now. Then of course I agreed and is now eyeing for a WP8 device. :wink:

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone explain why there is such a bias against Microsoft? Why do people want it to go away in favor of apple and google? I honestly don't get it. Almost every tech site I visit has an anti Microsoft bias to it. The Verge especially. All the while it seems like google and apple can do no wrong to these people. Its so frustrating always hearing doom and gloom about Microsoft. I'm glad their earnings report shows they're doing well.

I think a lot of it is simply because when it comes to tablets and smart phones, Apple and Google have most of the market share. MS is just getting started in tablets (current generation at least) and they just started marketing Windows Phone starting with WP8. The media tends to focus on whatever will get the most people to read their articles. If its politics they focus on the dumbest politicians that say the most absurd and inaccurate things, instead of the ones that are acctually trying to make a difference (all two of them). If its world news they focus on every bomb that has gone off in the world that day which makes it seem as though the appocolipse is just days away (every single day). If its technology they focus on the brands/devices that most people have and ignore anything that isn't already well established. Ironically, the media coverage of already popular devices makes those devices even more appealing to the average consumer which increases market share which increases media attention. It's a continuous loop and it is difficult to stop the cycle once it reaches "critical mass". Eventually though, the status quo becomes boring, people aren't that interested in the 87,000th iPhone 5 review, and the media focuses on whatever new shiney object the market is mesmorized by.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss