Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Why the developer account is paid..?? this is the main reason for Paid application i think.. coz the applications which are free or low priced on the other platform are expensive here in microsoft store... Microsoft is very very rich OS in the world... still they are charging...

What are you talking about. To publish apps on iOS you need to join the developer program (which you need to pay for). to publish on Android you need to pay for a developer account (although this is a one off fee). Microsoft is no different. In fact, I would say iOS is the hardest to develop for because you have to use an apple machine.
    Developer

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    It is paid so Microsoft monitors submitted apps, and to decrease probability of submitted spam (junk) apps. Unlike free (cheap) android developer account, go take a look at it, 1 out of 10 apps in android store is spam.

If Microsoft and apple developer accounts were free these companies wont bother and monitor (check) submitted apps, just like SCROOGLE.
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kNevik View Post
    What are you talking about. To publish apps on iOS you need to join the developer program (which you need to pay for). to publish on Android you need to pay for a developer account (although this is a one off fee). Microsoft is no different. In fact, I would say iOS is the hardest to develop for because you have to use an apple machine.
    Ain't that the truth... I have a MacBook for the sole purpose of 1 app in the iOS store that barely makes enough money to cover the yearly subscription... Still in the hole because of the MacBook price MS on the other hand, I got in on a deal where it only cost me $8 for the first year and I have a PC for games/productivity so no new hardware was required

Even if you didnt have a PC (Win or Mac) to begin with, developing for WP is far less expensive than developing for iOS. You could pick up a decent PC for a few $100 vs. $1k for crApple.

Oh and by the way, there are sometimes special promotions to get you a year of developer membership for free if you code your first app as a non-developer (although Im not sure of the links)

Lastly, Nokia has a program (Nokia Premium Developer Program for Lumia) where you pay $99 and not only do you get a year of WP Dev Center membership, you also get
    A free license for Telerik RadControls for Windows Phone, 2 Nokia tech support tickets, and up to 12 months worth of access (up to 1 million calls per month) with Buddys cloud APIs. Nokia Developer - Nokia Premium Developer Program for Lumia
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

check this.. who says no crap applications in Store.....??

Facebook demanding 3rd party apps be removed from the Windows Phone Store over trademark claim | Windows Phone Central

Quote Originally Posted by hacer619 View Post
    It is paid so Microsoft monitors submitted apps, and to decrease probability of submitted spam (junk) apps. Unlike free (cheap) android developer account, go take a look at it, 1 out of 10 apps in android store is spam.

If Microsoft and apple developer accounts were free these companies wont bother and monitor (check) submitted apps, just like SCROOGLE.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    "decrease probability"

Reading comprehension is key.