Microsoft needs to stop using celebrities to advertise wp

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure where this belongs

I feel Microsoft needs to stop using celebs to advertise WP because we all know every celeb has an iPhone. Pretty much every celeb has an account with an app that WP does not have. Microsoft needs to focus on getting all popular apps and not similar apps that only WP users can use. IMO if a celeb has an account on an app y phone doesn't have I will not want to get that phone. I know it's stupid for a lot of people but in order for WP to be a success it needs to catch everyone's interest and that will let it have endless possibilities and not die before it can show its potential.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I disagree, Holly Willoughby in the UK has been on TV adverts but also attended other events expressing how good the phone is. These events have been to influential bloggers and other social net users who in turn have many users that can be influenced by their opinions. I saw she did an event to UK mums, it was a fairly small group but created a lot of good publicity in the right places. I noticed subsequent blog posts by some of the attendees saying how much they liked their new phone. This is the kind of free knock on publicity you do need.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Here in the USA we have celebs who are in the WP commercials but frequently post on instagram and other apps that are not available to wp

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
With the way society is obsessed with celebrities these days it would be stupid of MS to not use any kind of celebrities to promote their products.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
With the way society is obsessed with celebrities these days it would be stupid of MS to not use any kind of celebrities to promote their products.

Yes exactly, people these days will follow their favourite celebrities.

If Microsoft had advertised in this horrible movie series called Twilight, a bunch of girls would be using WP now :p

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
People love celebrities... If Kim Kardashian walked down the street flashing a windows phone how many people do you think would go buy one... A lot of people would say 'Nah I'd never do that' but a lot would!

Personally... Celebrity endorsements of products do nothing to sway my decision but it does work for some.

dba415

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
People love celebrities... If Kim Kardashian walked down the street flashing a windows phone how many people do you think would go buy one... A lot of people would say 'Nah I'd never do that' but a lot would!

Personally... Celebrity endorsements of products do nothing to sway my decision but it does work for some.
yes just what we want, a bunch of people buying windows phone just because kim kardashian has one, and then going home to find out they can't follow her on instagram because there is no app.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think they should get the popular apps and features as they grow prior to having big endorsements because with the young generation if the apps that are available to that phone are not what everyone else has that can kill any product, I could make the greatest phone or tablet but if it's not relevant to the other popular products I won't sell, I love my WP and like how I have seen it grow but it's taking a bit to long just my opinion

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I think they should get the popular apps and features as they grow prior to having big endorsements because with the young generation if the apps that are available to that phone are not what everyone else has that can kill any product, I could make the greatest phone or tablet but if it's not relevant to the other popular products I won't sell, I love my WP and like how I have seen it grow but it's taking a bit to long just my opinion

Microsoft has the funds to throw at it, they could get the latest apps tomorrow if they really wanted... Recently though there's been quite a large amount of new apps appearing though :)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft has the funds to throw at it, they could get the latest apps tomorrow if they really wanted... Recently though there's been quite a large amount of new apps appearing though :)

And then companies will just refuse to develop for WP unless they get a massive payout, to the point that MS can't sustain it. Sure having money to throw at it is good but it has to be sustainable.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
"because we all know every celeb has an iPhone"

Quoting Big Bill himself.

"Thats the stupidist f*^$#@!@ think I've ever head of".........

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If Microsoft has to have Windows Phone versions of the top 100 iOS and Android apps then real, believable celebrity endorsements will follow. In fact, they'd be able to cancel the endorsement contracts of celebrities who are caught using Instagram on an iPhone or Galaxy, etc.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
This is related. Jimmy Kimmel's newest bit about celebrities reading mean tweets went up and Windows Phones represent well enough. Also, it's a funny skit, so double fun.

There are 13 celebrities, 9 with iPhones, 3 with Windows Phones, 1 unknown.

iPhone - Kate Mara, Zach Braff, Russel Brand, Brad Paisley, Kelly Ripa, , Elisabeth Moss, Jessica Simpson, Kid Rock, Ray Romano
920 - Jessica Alba, Andy Sandberg
8X - Gwen Steffani
Andoid - None
Unknown - Julie Bowen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes