Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Windows Phone 8 keeps getting more and more apps!
    And even despite the ironic attempts by the media to put it down!
    screen-shot-2013-06-30-5.54.39-pm.png
    ^Look at how pathetic that is!
    Last edited by nube_android; 06-30-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Agreed
    Jimmy Cooper likes this.

the marketplace is looking better there's no doubt about it, but let's face it... Microsoft receives a sh@t load of bad press and its not going to look any better until WP8 reaches 10%. Medias pushes people towards anything that doesn't have a windows logo on it. Microsoft should put another 1 or 2 billion$ in marketing Windows based products with a lot of informative ads. They also need to get on par with everyone else on screen resolution. It's a shame that windows 8 does not support HDPI. Anyone with a mac wiling to try windows 8 will certainly hate it for that particular reason.

Microsoft seems to push its products more than they used to, but they always miss the boat on some key features or they don't think far enough when it comes to hardware.
    bob18 and longnd like this.
    It sure is. People will come to the platform, and more apps will follow. Microsoft is pushing it better, they just need to try and sort some of the issues much like what they did with Win8.1. Hopefully WP8.1 will be when the platform really takes off.

I try not to concern myself too much with the negativity from some press outlets. I am enjoying my experience with WP and no doubt that experience will get better when I get a WP8 device.

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    The only app I am missing is USAA and it use to be on WP7.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    Bump because this is so true and needs to be celebrated
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

a5cent and Laura Knotek like this.

Global Posts
    2,736 Global Posts
    Yeah, Go Microsoft!

Wasn't it 130,000 apps at the beginning of the year? Apparently now it's over 160,000!
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Nice. Good job. I'm ok though with less apps but useful rather than a million that is just isn't worth it

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Nokia Lumia 1520 / Nokia Lumia 1020 / LG Nexus 5

Global Posts
    2,736 Global Posts
    I wonder why reviews say that the large amount of apps is a selling point these days, About 6-7 years ago, many people used their phone as a phone.
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR

Microsoft/Nokia need to create a buckload of ads like this but for windows phone and have them across every TV network in all regions

PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by nube_android View Post
    Windows Phone 8 keeps getting more and more apps!
    And even despite the ironic attempts by the media to put it down!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 5.54.39 PM.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	36655
    ^Look at how pathetic that is!
    Agreed, the app store is growing although at slower pace and it is disappointing that in this day and age some sites have regressed to click baiting. However hopefully with WP 8.1 blue it will make it easier for developers to make the transition from W8.1. The only obstacle I see is optimizing the layout for a small screen but then again with the introduction of 7inch tablets that may no longer be an issue.
    Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote here for smart dialing!!!

User voice vote link for smart dialing

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread

PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by GCrane1982 View Post
    Microsoft/Nokia need to create a buckload of ads like this but for windows phone and have them across every TV network in all regions
    Haha, brilliant and too right they should!
    Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread

Global Posts
    1,303 Global Posts
    I'm impressed with the amount of new, updated, and announced apps over the past couple weeks. It seems like Windows Phone is gaining some traction with developers. Now if only Microsoft would release new services and features to its own mobile platform before its competitors... (Skype video messaging, anyone?)
    mmar1974 likes this.

Very rapid I love it

In most reviews in the past the only major negative that reviewers mentioned was the lack of apps in the ecosystem. I wonder what they will have left to say when WP gets all the major apps that iOS and Android have.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    It's still going to be a chicken and egg thing - it's not just the Major apps. It's the apps people use from companies like USAA, your local credit union or bank, your grocery store, your sports team (How many team apps are there for any of the major sports - MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL - right now I think the answer is none. As long as Windows Phone lingers at 3-5% the use base is not large enough for these corporations to spend money to build and support an app for this platform. I would be lost without my banking, grocery (user loyalty), and sports apps on my phone. From this perspective, the app story on Windows Phone has not changed at all. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of sports fans here that follow their home town team long distance.
    Fred P likes this.

PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    In most reviews in the past the only major negative that reviewers mentioned was the lack of apps in the ecosystem. I wonder what they will have left to say when WP gets all the major apps that iOS and Android have.
    Yup that was the yard stick they have used same with iphone and android users but in reality do you really have 100,000 app installed in your phone?

I mean seriously who does??

When anyone says WP sucks because of the lack of apps and I say soo your telling me you have 100k apps installed plus use them all daily?

That line simply shuts em up completely lol.

User voice vote link

User Voice link

Forum Thread

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I don't follow my home sports teams long distance as I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. But, I have ESPN, SportsScores, Football Live and a news readers that allow me to get the latest news on the Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, Stars, and FC Dallas when I want it.

Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    It's still going to be a chicken and egg thing - it's not just the Major apps. It's the apps people use from companies like USAA, your local credit union or bank, your grocery store, your sports team (How many team apps are there for any of the major sports - MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL - right now I think the answer is none. As long as Windows Phone lingers at 3-5% the use base is not large enough for these corporations to spend money to build and support an app for this platform. I would be lost without my banking, grocery (user loyalty), and sports apps on my phone. From this perspective, the app story on Windows Phone has not changed at all. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of sports fans here that follow their home town team long distance.
    IT's getting better, no question. I use Bank of America...Yep there is an App for that. I am a Huge Boston Red Sox fan, no MLB app but, a great ESPN hub (Nokia) and even my favorte sports radio station has an app for WP (WEEI 103.7). Plus there is a bunch of great games coming out now (modern combat, Spyder man, batman, etc).

As it's not perfect by any means, I forced my wfie to use her upgrade to get a 928. She seemed to love the tiles and the OS itself but, due to many limits on the apps that she uses day to day, she ended up returning it because the apps just would not do it (Shutterfly app was the largest, she uploads all her pictures with it and with the app, you could only upload 1 picture at a time, the iOS you could upload 100's at a time)

There is lot still to be desired for Windows Phone apps, but, as the marketshare grows and the time goes in, it will get better. The sad thing is just needs time and this is something we need now, not 5 years later...
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    I wonder what they will have left to say when WP gets all the major apps that iOS and Android have.
    They will complain about the lack of minor apps. Haters gonna hate.

Even more big name apps announced today as 'coming soon'. It's getting better by the day.

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts
    This is agree. The app situation is definitely improving. And I have to say, Nokia is doing a tremendous job. Yeah, Nokia, not Microsoft. Lol.

But however, not being a hater or what, there are still some apps that needs to be here. The minor but still important nonetheless. Like local banking apps for example.

Other than that, I actually don't have much apps that I miss at all.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    A much needed thing to happen.

Sent from a device I love using Tapatalk 4
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    32,427 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    That also depends on the user.

There is an app for Cinemark theatres called Cinemode (Android/iOS only). It gives a "reward" for not texting during a movie.

I remember thinking I'd really like this app for Windows Phone.

Well, my friend has an Android. We'd go to the movies, and he'd use the Cinemode app. Trouble was, the rewards expired so quickly that he never got to get his cheap popcorn once. He ended up deleting the app.

If someone goes to the movies more than once a week, the app might be nice, but for someone who goes once or twice a month it's worthless.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    Hopefully Dolphin Browser will be available soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast