App situation is improving rapidly!

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 keeps getting more and more apps!
And even despite the ironic attempts by the media to put it down!
Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 5.54.39 PM.png
^Look at how pathetic that is!

Last edited:

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
the marketplace is looking better there's no doubt about it, but let's face it... Microsoft receives a sh@t load of bad press and its not going to look any better until WP8 reaches 10%. Medias pushes people towards anything that doesn't have a windows logo on it. Microsoft should put another 1 or 2 billion$ in marketing Windows based products with a lot of informative ads. They also need to get on par with everyone else on screen resolution. It's a shame that windows 8 does not support HDPI. Anyone with a mac wiling to try windows 8 will certainly hate it for that particular reason.

Microsoft seems to push its products more than they used to, but they always miss the boat on some key features or they don't think far enough when it comes to hardware.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It sure is. People will come to the platform, and more apps will follow. Microsoft is pushing it better, they just need to try and sort some of the issues much like what they did with Win8.1. Hopefully WP8.1 will be when the platform really takes off.

I try not to concern myself too much with the negativity from some press outlets. I am enjoying my experience with WP and no doubt that experience will get better when I get a WP8 device.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, Go Microsoft!

Wasn't it 130,000 apps at the beginning of the year? Apparently now it's over 160,000!

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nice. Good job. I'm ok though with less apps but useful rather than a million that is just isn't worth it

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I wonder why reviews say that the large amount of apps is a selling point these days, About 6-7 years ago, many people used their phone as a phone.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 keeps getting more and more apps!
And even despite the ironic attempts by the media to put it down!
View attachment 36655
^Look at how pathetic that is!

Agreed, the app store is growing although at slower pace and it is disappointing that in this day and age some sites have regressed to click baiting. However hopefully with WP 8.1 blue it will make it easier for developers to make the transition from W8.1. The only obstacle I see is optimizing the layout for a small screen but then again with the introduction of 7inch tablets that may no longer be an issue.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm impressed with the amount of new, updated, and announced apps over the past couple weeks. It seems like Windows Phone is gaining some traction with developers. Now if only Microsoft would release new services and features to its own mobile platform before its competitors... (Skype video messaging, anyone?)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
In most reviews in the past the only major negative that reviewers mentioned was the lack of apps in the ecosystem. I wonder what they will have left to say when WP gets all the major apps that iOS and Android have.

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
It's still going to be a chicken and egg thing - it's not just the Major apps. It's the apps people use from companies like USAA, your local credit union or bank, your grocery store, your sports team (How many team apps are there for any of the major sports - MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL - right now I think the answer is none. As long as Windows Phone lingers at 3-5% the use base is not large enough for these corporations to spend money to build and support an app for this platform. I would be lost without my banking, grocery (user loyalty), and sports apps on my phone. From this perspective, the app story on Windows Phone has not changed at all. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of sports fans here that follow their home town team long distance.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In most reviews in the past the only major negative that reviewers mentioned was the lack of apps in the ecosystem. I wonder what they will have left to say when WP gets all the major apps that iOS and Android have.

Yup that was the yard stick they have used same with iphone and android users but in reality do you really have 100,000 app installed in your phone?

I mean seriously who does??

When anyone says WP sucks because of the lack of apps and I say soo your telling me you have 100k apps installed plus use them all daily?

That line simply shuts em up completely lol.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't follow my home sports teams long distance as I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. But, I have ESPN, SportsScores, Football Live and a news readers that allow me to get the latest news on the Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, Stars, and FC Dallas when I want it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's still going to be a chicken and egg thing - it's not just the Major apps. It's the apps people use from companies like USAA, your local credit union or bank, your grocery store, your sports team (How many team apps are there for any of the major sports - MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL - right now I think the answer is none. As long as Windows Phone lingers at 3-5% the use base is not large enough for these corporations to spend money to build and support an app for this platform. I would be lost without my banking, grocery (user loyalty), and sports apps on my phone. From this perspective, the app story on Windows Phone has not changed at all. I'm guessing there aren't a lot of sports fans here that follow their home town team long distance.

IT's getting better, no question. I use Bank of America...Yep there is an App for that. I am a Huge Boston Red Sox fan, no MLB app but, a great ESPN hub (Nokia) and even my favorte sports radio station has an app for WP (WEEI 103.7). Plus there is a bunch of great games coming out now (modern combat, Spyder man, batman, etc).

As it's not perfect by any means, I forced my wfie to use her upgrade to get a 928. She seemed to love the tiles and the OS itself but, due to many limits on the apps that she uses day to day, she ended up returning it because the apps just would not do it (Shutterfly app was the largest, she uploads all her pictures with it and with the app, you could only upload 1 picture at a time, the iOS you could upload 100's at a time)

There is lot still to be desired for Windows Phone apps, but, as the marketshare grows and the time goes in, it will get better. The sad thing is just needs time and this is something we need now, not 5 years later...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss