Why are so many Microsoft Employees leaving?

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems like every other day we here of a Microsoft employee is leaving the company. But why? What's happening inside Microsoft?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Probably for the same reasons most of us change employers. The days of getting hired at a company and staying there till retirement are long gone.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
For most of those people MSFT is a stepping stone on the path to a CEO gig. Its nothing different than any other large company. You don't hear about many of those as they don't have the high public profile that MSFT does.

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that this is the case, but MS has also been around long enough for people to be retiring after putting in 20 or more years there.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Probably for the same reasons most of us change employers. The days of getting hired at a company and staying there till retirement are long gone.

I second this or at least I think its part of the reason...for instance in an open forum with the new dean of my college one of the students asked how long did he plan on staying with UCF and he stated he plans on staying for about 6 years and then moving on to another school with a higher position with the ultimate goal of becoming president of a university...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234