What got you into Windows Phone?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I got tired of buggy custom Android ROMs. Wanted a phone that just works. iPhone works great and stable but I couldn't stand their screens. Lumia 900 and Lumia 920 both have excellent screen that don't wear my eyes out during long usage. The key is good refresh rate. I still prefer WP8 OS over iOS.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
my friend broke my iphone so I was in search of something different. I could have paid ?120 to get mine replaced but decided to go for something different. I didn't want an android and then I saw the nokia Lumia 900, got it and was so pleased with it. I was so into it, I then got the Lumia 820 in October and then the 925 last month! Windows Phone Forever!

Cindy_H

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
For me it was the aesthetics of the UI, very pleasing to look at. Ironically enough, it was a WP7-style launcher on android that got me curious about Windows Phone. I started researching online, decided this was the OS for me and am very happy with my 928.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh man where do i start...

Nokia- My father mostly used Nokia's, his first mobile phone was a Nokia, so it got me interested in getting a Nokia.

Windows Phone- initially i wasn't sure if i wanted to have a Windows Phone, but looking into the apps, the features and basically everything about WP I loved how Windows Phone 8 worked, it was simple, i was stuck between HTC and Nokia, but as i said above, i preferred Nokia over HTC.

And that's how i have my Lumia 520. :)

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll likely be "into Windows phone" very soon. The reason I'm considering it is my horrid experience with Android. I won't detail it here, nobody likes a rant. I'm excited about a platform that's free from carrier bloat, or can be freed if necessary, doesn't seem to have lag problems, and has a stunning UI that comes default and won't slow my device down to a crawl!

Drack648

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I was getting tired of Android, so I wanted to try something new (at least, for me). So far so good. Also, loved the way WPhones are made, i.e bright colors & designs. Saw the 8X on T-Mobile and felt in love. Then, I realized HTC made a red version, and yeah... I threw my money at their faces. Loving my Red 8X btw (;

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The nonconformist in me didn't want to be on android any longer. And after trying one in a Verizon store I fell in love with the OS.

slap0rama

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was getting bored of Android basically so I decided to try something fresh. I did not want to get an iPhone so I thought Windows Phone was a good option. I messed around with the 8X and pulled the trigger and got it for my birthday.

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
What got me into windows phones is the need to move from qwerty into fullscreen smartphone in early 2013.

I had BB 9300 but found that the touchscreen BB hardware at with $250-300 budget at the time was inferior to Nokia Windows Phone offering (e.g. RAM for apps, screen size & resolution).

I considered iPhone, but, the familiy Chief Financial Officer (a.k.a. "Wife") set the $300 treshold. I didn't consider Android at that time.

So, Lumia 620 for me. Happy user so far. And with a happy wife also.. (Still trying to convince her to convert from BB 9300..)

Church Punk

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My old HP Veer died on me because of overclocking i think x). Saw WinPhone as the best next thing, and am glad i chose it over the rest.

IrRevd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I would like to say Nokia's reputation but the truth is product placement.

Am a big fan of Bones and I liked the look of Windows phone on it.

Robot_Man

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft, I've been MS fan for ever,tried iPhone, Android(iPhone 3G, many Android, last one being X10 I think) .... After WP7 announcement I was so happy and got HTC mozart ASAP. Then HD7, then Titan, then Lumia 900, now 920, waiting for 1020(or whatever the name is)
Nokia been one of my all time favorite brands too, the day they announced they are going WP, was one of the best days ever.
Been with WP sice the day one, still am, been so angry with MSFT lately, said many harsh thing about them, about leaving WP, but after testing GS4 and iphone5, OMG, my start screen on WP, makes me so happy, so I'm staying :D

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
the N9 actually ;) but since Meego was dead I took L800 just for the design of the phone. How me and the OS have clicked was an unexpected bonus. Add the 920's camera and you have a prefect match!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
The design of the OS appealed to me. It seemed very functional, fluid and simple. The features and bonus software (particularly Nokia maps) were just that bit extra to make me pull the trigger and give it a go. I also really like the design of the devices,and in my case, I got the Lumia 800.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd always used Windows Mobile devices and liked the functionality they offered but they were slow and lagged a lot. I switched to Android with the HTC Desire and later a Galaxy Nexus while waiting to see what MS were going to do and got an HD7 at launch. I was impressed enough to keep using it until I got my ATIV S. I updated the HD7 to 7.8 and my dad now uses it instead of his old dumbphone.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Several things, actually. It was something fresh. The UI was new. It was the discovery process. It was rooting for the underdog. It was seeing M$ make a comeback in the mobile space. It was rooting for the consumer to NOT be monopolized by one or two phone makers/ecosystems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon