Sony Vaio WP would be cool

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Would anyone care if Sony made a WP? I did search couldn't find a thread ever existed.

Personally I love Sony hardware just as much as Nokia. Of course I couldn't see this happening considering how infused XBox Music is with WP. Would be in straight comp with PS. Nonetheless with GDR3 coming soon I could see Sony having great phones to offer instead of dumping everything in Android.

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they have some nice hardware but the thing is, Xbox is a integral part of Windows Phone now so I don't know how that would work but the funny thing is that they have convertible Windows 8 devices that are great for Xbox games :)

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they have some nice hardware but the thing is, Xbox is a integral part of Windows Phone now so I don't know how that would work but the funny thing is that they have convertible Windows 8 devices that are great for Xbox games :)

You are right about Sony having nice cconvertible Windows 8 devices but I am assuming their PC/tablet group is separate from their gaming group. And I think this is one area Microsoft is trying to improve is not to have different groups working on one area/product but to have them work on products that compliment their other stuff (example: 3screen vision MS talks about) and is probably part of their restructuring. I have talked to a Sony rep and he was telling me the amount of work they do to make their devices sort of work together without any effort. The only thing is literally all your devices have to be Sony. I agree it would be nice to have a Sony Experia Z like phone running Windows Phone 8 and would probably look really sexy too. My guess is if they make a Windows Phone they would most likely like to compliment their PS3/PS4 and that would pose an issue for them since WP has an integral part in the Xbox (which is one of the main reasons I got into WP :) ).

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you are right about Sony wanting to keep everything together. I think the farthest Sony would get entrenched in the Windows ecosystem is where there are currently, making Windows desktops, laptops, and convertibles. They will probably never make a Windows 8 tablet or phone and will instead stay with Android to make their custom apps to connect with their PlayStation devices.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see a Sony Windows Phone device. Their handset designs look better than most Android devices, and Sony is probably the only other manufacturer who could integrate some great camera technology effectively.

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
What if we (the consumers) send a bunch of requests to Sony begging for a WP8 device? Would they do it? Oh how my mind works. And would be cool to have control of my Xbox and Playstation with a Sony... Ok you guys get it...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Sony have some prototype Windows Phone (7 or 8 ?) devices at one point ? I do remember something from the Sony-Ericson line...

I would love to see what they could come up with, If they release a cool device with a lot of features in demand, it might be something cool, as Sony always makes come cool hardware when they want to.

I too would love to control my xbox and my PS3/4 with one cool device..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3