The death of WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just had Bloomberg on and they had a group on talking about busting MS up the divisions that are not profitable like WP...Bing... in many way what they were getting at was how at MS everyone is competing against one another, which why we see things going to apple mobile before WP one of the arguments was looking at WP not BEING PROFITABLE. well that has a lot to do with WP7 from the start when launched simple normal things like copy and paste it didn't have it that just spread wild with people and even today people will ask oh that doesn't have C&P? it's like taking the start button out of Win8 and forcing people to use tiles from the start. where it should have been the option.

As a stockholder I'm happy to see the clown leaving. what we need is an engineer running the show not a market guy. what we need is a company working as one to make sure that the labile always has the best and that everything works within the ecosystem of Windows. want WP to excel then change the name people are turned off by the Windows name they think crash blue screen slow updates..it's like a company at war with it's self.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Ballmer headed a company reorg recently that put Windows Phone and Windows in the same division. This was done so that they would now work in unison.

How old was this show you watched? If they didn't know that, then I don't think you should be listening to them.

Last edited:

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I think windows/msft can last for decades if they just work as one and have a new milestone vision (like gates did, a PC in every house in the world running windows)

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The show was 7:05 am this morning on the surveillance with Tom Keene. so tell me can you work with a PDF in WP8? nope Don't me get wrong here I run both win8 and WP8 they do not sync as well as android does with the PC. I'm saying is that the culture at MS is a major problem when you release things for other platforms instead of your own. or for that matter when the other platform apps or programs are better than that of your own companies yes it's a problem that needs to be addressed. When all we had was the PC and Laptops MS could take all the time they wanted before corrections now its a new world and they can not get moving fast at all it's one misstep after another look at how many missteps they have taken with the new Xboxone. yes they changed them but the fact was it took out cry for them to do so.does your notifications on WP8 work right? no it does not. should it take a whole dam year to correct it No. is WP making money NO. so wouldn't they want to make the corrections and get them out right fast?

Microsoft culture needs to change the days for dragging feet are over simply because they are so far behind in mobile. I don't think I'll buy another WP8 device yes I like it and my L925 is fantastic but I still can not do things that I can do with my Android device. I'm not knocking the OS I'm knocking the culture of slowness. and that bloody dam "coming soon" slogan they always put out there.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
The show was 7:05 am this morning on the surveillance with Tom Keene. so tell me can you work with a PDF in WP8? nope Don't me get wrong here I run both win8 and WP8 they do not sync as well as android does with the PC. I'm saying is that the culture at MS is a major problem when you release things for other platforms instead of your own. or for that matter when the other platform apps or programs are better than that of your own companies yes it's a problem that needs to be addressed. When all we had was the PC and Laptops MS could take all the time they wanted before corrections now its a new world and they can not get moving fast at all it's one misstep after another look at how many missteps they have taken with the new Xboxone. yes they changed them but the fact was it took out cry for them to do so.does your notifications on WP8 work right? no it does not. should it take a whole dam year to correct it No. is WP making money NO. so wouldn't they want to make the corrections and get them out right fast?

Microsoft culture needs to change the days for dragging feet are over simply because they are so far behind in mobile. I don't think I'll buy another WP8 device yes I like it and my L925 is fantastic but I still can not do things that I can do with my Android device. I'm not knocking the OS I'm knocking the culture of slowness. and that bloody dam "coming soon" slogan they always put out there.

That's what the reorganization was all about.
You now have marketing, OS etc merged instead of having a desktop, rt and wp8 island of separate marketing, os etc groups.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
You understand we see this same thread happen about three times a week, for the past 2.5 years?

If anyone thinks that ms is finished, or that they will let wp fail, or w8 or even rt fail, then you need stronger meds.

This is Microsoft. Not some two bit eastern European tax dodge shell company. Its Microsoft.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You understand we see this same thread happen about three times a week, for the past 2.5 years?

If anyone thinks that ms is finished, or that they will let wp fail, or w8 or even rt fail, then you need stronger meds.

This is Microsoft. Not some two bit eastern European tax dodge shell company. Its Microsoft.

I didn't say that, nor do I see it but they do have to change the slowness in which they move. when you are playing catch up being slow is not an option. Everything I have is driven by MS. that doesn't mean I'm not going to call them out when it needs it. but if they look to restructure things if they do decide to spin divisions off where would that leave WP? true they are gaining traction and the lower end devices are much better than that of Android simply because of the OS. that is a big deal which they are trying to move on or I should say Nokia is.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

ye getting a bit sick of the argument every single one uses; "Nokia is innovating but MS is just sitting on there asses"

MS is reorganizing, give it some time.
The mobile/pc market has changed alot lately and they need time to adopt it.
And then again, as a wp8 user I put all my faith on wp8.1/blue, and then yes MS is failing if they cannot make this OS there personal first choice instead of having half the campus using android.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Needing improvements is not the same as "The death of WP."

Microsoft just had a huge reorganization done. Departments have been streamlined. They did this to increase the speed of delivery and to increase the level of integration between their desktop and mobile operating systems.

As I mentioned earlier, this stuff is being addressed RIGHT NOW. It's been a very public reorganization. So if the people you're listening to didn't know that, then they're not worth listening to. They're speaking from ignorance.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't say that, nor do I see it but they do have to change the slowness in which they move. when you are playing catch up being slow is not an option. Everything I have is driven by MS. that doesn't mean I'm not going to call them out when it needs it. but if they look to restructure things if they do decide to spin divisions off where would that leave WP? true they are gaining traction and the lower end devices are much better than that of Android simply because of the OS. that is a big deal which they are trying to move on or I should say Nokia is.

They ALREADY are restructuring. WP is going under the Windows division.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
My feeling is MS, regardless of restructuring has to think of Windows phone and also WinRT as long term goals. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. Windows phone will be around a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My feeling is MS, regardless of restructuring has to think of Windows phone and also WinRT as long term goals. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. Windows phone will be around a long time.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a planned convergence of the two in 4-6yrs. They both are using the same kernel.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a planned convergence of the two in 4-6yrs. They both are using the same kernel.

You would not hear a complaint from me about that. Though I would like more Windows phone features in WinRT

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
W9 iisn't coming in 2015, that will be 8.3 or 8.5. 9 is a way away

I seriously hope not otherwise the restructure and the promise of more updates sooner goes out the window. I would expect 8.5 towards the end of 2014 two years after the initial W8/WP8 launch with beta for W9 up and running at the same time with RTM mid 2015

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
calling balmer a clown... no points

watching bloomberg... no points

there are pdf apps(adobe pdf and office pdf)... no points

i dont know if i can take you serious

you seem like a troll spreading FUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics