U.S. Carriers Getting Better

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
We've all heard the stories of people looking for Windows Phones and then being steered away by uninformed reps, so I'd like to take a moment to describe a few instances where I've experienced the exact opposite.

1) Not long after the Lumia 1020 was released, I walked into an AT&T authorized retailer to check it out. They had a nice display set up, front and center, and pretty much as soon as I walked up to the display the rep came over to tell me about all of the great features of the phone (he hit on pretty much every main selling point), and went on and on about how great it is.

2) I recently switched from T-Mobile to Verizon, and when I asked for a couple of 928s for my wife and me, the rep went on about how it's pretty much one of the best phones that they have, and lamented over the fact that the store didn't have any on display. He seemed really optimistic about the platform, and even mentioned how quickly the app gap is closing. On that same day I went to T-Mobile to square some things away with the cancellation, and both reps that I spoke with had 925s. They both made fun of the third rep their because he had an iPhone, and one of them talked about how he hated Android because the last one he had was so buggy and crashy.

3) Shortly after getting my 928, I went to Best Buy to see if they sold the wireless charging plates (they don't), and the associate that I spoke with said he used to have an HD7 and he loved it. He had some LG Android phone when I talked to him, but he said he wanted to pick up a Lumia 521 because it was cheap and he wanted to check out WP8.

4) I went to AT&T today to get a wireless charging plate from them, and while I was there a rep sold two 1020s + two camera grips by talking up his own personal 1020.

So long story short, the carrier rep situation does seem to be getting better! I'm sure there will be plenty more nightmare stories to come, but it's not all bad! Slowly but surely, I think the tide is starting to turn.

Feel free to share your own positive experiences!

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
That is good news. Personally though, I haven't experienced any WP bashing from reps

When I first got the 822 from Verizon, I got a lot of negative comments from the store personnel. A few months later I got the 928 from the same store and mostly the same workers and got no negative comments. I agree, being pushed to iPhone and Android is not so prevalent now.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I first got the 822 from Verizon, I got a lot of negative comments from the store personnel. A few months later I got the 928 from the same store and mostly the same workers and got no negative comments. I agree, being pushed to iPhone and Android is not so prevalent now.

I wish that reps would honestly do their job and listen to the customer and recommend a phone to them that will best fit their needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro