HP making a Windows phone??? good or bad?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
HP working on a Windows Phone? | WMPoweruser

winfuture.de/news,77848.html - Translator

according to this German source. HP is apparently making a WP. may be wondering why?? it apparently says that HP chose WP cause it integrates well with enterprise and their computer. Enterprise is HP's main customers. the device is coming at the end of the year

So do you think this good that HP is coming to WP. do you think they are trusted at all after palm etc and damage the WP brand or is Nokia gonna outshine the damage and save the minds of WP???

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I think its a great idea. HP makes some nice computers. Plus, more OEMs to drive competition, lower prices. Win-Win

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting if true. They've stated they want to be in the mobile space, and as mentioned above, WP fits their enterprise focus.

Kind of wonder what their hook will be though. Will be tough to beat the Lumia price/feature combo, and HP is not known for entry level price points.

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I certainly doubt I'll be buying it. If HP makes it it's likely to be ugly and overpriced.

That aside, it's unlikely that it could have any bad effect on the platform. As others have said, the more OEM's the better, and HP does have some influence in the corporate market. WP can't really compete in the high-end consumer smartphone arena as it is without a lot of brute force. WP fits perfectly in the enterprise realm, where Microsoft already dominates, and with Nokia's phones slowly but surely eating at the low-end smartphone market WP is poised to gain a strong foothold in the overall market. Eventually that will drive other consumer markets. So yeah, please do go on HP.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Being a self-confessed webOS lover, I have mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, I'd like to choke the ever-loving crap out of Leo Apotheker for destroying webOS. But at the same time, I loved my Windows Mobile iPaqs (phones and PDAs). I'll give it a look if it ever comes to market. Being HP, it'll probably be a factory unlocked GSM phone so that's always good.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned above the more OEMs the better. My last three laptops have been HP so maybe there could be some kind of added hardware/software continuity between the two and if the phone was unlocked and unbranded all the better.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If it's true, I hope they can sell enough devices to make it pay. Nokia wasn't making it even with Microsoft's subsidy and 90% of the WP market share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6