Microsoft snubs WP yet again

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think their point is that they seem to keep shooting themselves in the foot by releasing options for competing platforms but don't even provide the same service for WP8.

If they want WP8 to succeed they should at least make it a worthy platform for enterprise. Currently it's being overlooked by many due to it's limitations and lack of strict policy adherence. They should be positioning itself as the BB replacement.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
They don't have RT & Pro..why would you want to perform a remote control from a small display if you can comfortably do it on a Tablet?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think their point is that they seem to keep shooting themselves in the foot by releasing options for competing platforms but don't even provide the same service for WP8.

If they want WP8 to succeed they should at least make it a worthy platform for enterprise. Currently it's being overlooked by many due to it's limitations and lack of strict policy adherence. They should be positioning itself as the BB replacement.

I do agree with you, i was meant to delete that post because i had nothing constructive to say. But, i still think they'll release it for WP8 eventually.

Although, there could be a possibility that they're waiting until 8.1 and may put the Remote Desktop for WP8 then.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I do agree with you, i was meant to delete that post because i had nothing constructive to say. But, i still think they'll release it for WP8 eventually.

Although, there could be a possibility that they're waiting until 8.1 and may put the Remote Desktop for WP8 then.

It's possible that it could be built into the OS. That would make things interesting. WP can be an extension of the desktop.

It's one of the those question marks around what MS has planned.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I was very disappointed to read that article (assuming it turns out to be true). I understand that Microsoft has more users on IOS and Android but this would be shameful.

This wouldn't be a problem if MS had actual unity between WP8 and RT.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the entire tech press is getting this wrong. It sounds like the Remote desktop app is for tablet OS's (windows 8, win RT, and ipads/android tablets) only. Further in the same press release at the bottom it discusses another type of app (Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013) and mentions WP8 specifically in addition it iPhone and android phones as well as:

"Devices include Windows 8 tablets and iPad tablets with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013; Windows Phone 8, iPhone and Android phone shortly following the release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013."

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
They just need to sit and make the app.

There are others RDP apps there in the market.

They need to fix this soon if they want to get business market with WP

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, MS also have to sell servers. In fact, servers are a much larger business for MS than phones are.

In the past, MS have done very well by supporting only their own platforms (and perhaps another non-threatening platform such as MacOS). That's why MS Office has never appeared for Linux. But the situation on mobile is different. If they limit themselves to supporting only Windows Phone, they may lose sales of servers. Of course, by supporting iOS and Android, they lose a strategic opportunity to promote WP by tying popular products to it, but in the bigger picture and in the interests of their shareholders, this seems like the right move.

Having said that, I am surprised that MS are not supporting this on WP yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo