Windows Phone and Form Factors

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Last time I was on WPCentral Forums I was wondering:
The 928 still a good buy? - Windows Phone Central Forums

Now I have finally upgrade I am now currently a Moto X owner. Do I like my decision? Very much so, and the main reason I got what I have now is its form factor. I don't know if this is a trend or not, but why is that a lot of windows phones (Lumia 925 excluded) are thick or chunky or just not slim at all. I was actually all set to grab the 928, but when I tried holding it with one hand it was difficult. The Moto X on the other hand was very slim and light weight, easily able to be handled with one hand. Hell, it might not be a Window phone thing but, a Verizon thing. All I'm saying is a plea for slimmer window phone devices, like the 925 then you will find me carrying WP proudly. Full disclaimer I have small hands, which is the main reason for my recent phone buying. Hopefully though there will be something with a screen less than 5 inches on VZW next year around the holidays running windows phone, but until then I'm pretty content with my Moto X. I still adore Windows Phone and I will continually hope it does well and as result the WPCentral community grows as well.

Sent from my XT1060 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 1020 is actually surprisingly a bit slimmer than the 920 and also lighter. You'd expect the 41MP shooter to add weight, however the removal of Wireless Charging slims it down. So that's where I believe the Lumia "bulkiness" comes from. The Wireless Charging.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, according to GSMArena, the Lumia 928n is actually slightly thinner than the Moto X. It is wider and heavier, though, and possibly why it felt thicker when you held it.

Lumia 928 = 0.40" thick
Nokia Lumia 928 - Full phone specifications
Moto X = 0.41" thick
Motorola Moto X - Full phone specifications

That's the point. Can't use in one hand. What was the point of a 4.5 inch screen phone if it compares in size to a phone with a 5 inch screen? I guess that thick width would make it appear larger.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
That's the point. Can't use in one hand. What was the point of a 4.5 inch screen phone if it compares in size to a phone with a 5 inch screen? I guess that thick width would make it appear larger.

I know. I wasn't saying the way they felt in your hands was inaccurate. Just that, technically, the Lumia 928 is thinner. Your problem lies with the width of the phone, rather than with it's thickness. Odd, as well, in regards to the L928, considering the Moto X has a larger screen with similar aspect ratio, why they couldn't make it smaller in width.

Anyway, glad you like your Moto X. It looks like a nice device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium