Why did you decide to buy a windows phone?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I personally always loved Nokia (N73) but never had one)) When L710 came out got that one, it was only available one on Tmobile. When 920 hit the sales wanted to switch to ATT, I didn't.. now I got L928 off contract and love it. Waiting for 8.1 update now)

I never liked iPhones because of the price apple sells it, not worth it, and Android read and heard too much about lagging

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Because I loved the design of windows 8 , so I thought I would keep as many devices as I could under one family ^_^

QilleRz

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
1st I love the OS's design. It's beautiful, feeling live not static like iPhone.
2nd I love the speed. Super fast. Opening any apps is really impressive, multitasking is a beast.
3rd I love Nokia's hardware design. Beautiful as it fits Windows Phone 8. From the build quality it's gorgeous. All my friends said this to me as they borrowed my phone to play game for a while or for calling someone.
4th I love how Microsoft put a design language guideline to every apps in their store so that it will have a consistent look.

Ok if I think of any, I will add more to this later. :D

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Liked the tile-interface, and android wasen't an option.

It was either another iphone or a [cheaper] Nokia WP device.
Although i was quiet sceptical at first, i finally decided to go for it and i liked it most of the time.
Truth be told, if 8.1 disappoints me i will most definitely leave WP for good.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
tile interface, simplicity, smooth and lag free, all rounded security, lasting battery life, reliable.
The android environment i came from had nothing of these.

Akter

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft should allow windows phone user to update their phone apps by windows phone desktop app. for example by itune apple user can update their phone and pad apps. so no need wireless internet always.

what u guys say?

Akter

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
in windows phone it should not use data to open SD card and also there is no option to share apps.
but android has both option.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What originally drew me to Windows Phone? I had already used BlackBerry, iOS, and Android. I wanted to try something different. Fell in love with the tiles and how alive they felt.

Microsoft should allow windows phone user to update their phone apps by windows phone desktop app. for example by itune apple user can update their phone and pad apps. so no need wireless internet always.

what u guys say?

I say this is the wrong section for that. We are asking what drew people to Windows Phone. Not what it needs to improve.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
in windows phone it should not use data to open SD card and also there is no option to share apps.
but android has both option.

true but androids app sharing ability makes for compatibility issues
and where wp8 does use data to open SD card?? :S
btw this thread is about wp8 not android

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It's because it is cheap compared to android yet performed without any lag or whatsoever.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There's a couple of threads like this already, yet what the heck ...

Actually I ended up with one all on a whim.
The Moto Razr V was giving me a lot of trouble so I got a Nokia X2 after using an old razr 3 interim.

The X2 died so I was in the market for almost anything slightly techy.
My neighbor showed me his 520 Go phone and it was total coolness.

Went home plopped in front of the PC cruising Amazon and tripped over the Lumia 521 on T-Mo.
Since I am a T-Mo customer it was a match made in heaven.

A month later I bought another 521 for the wife (she refused it)
Then I bought a used 8X from eBay.
And got a Surface RT for my birthday.
Not long ago I got the L925.

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I had moved back into town and needed a phone. What I had was OK for making calls but nothing else. It was an old "Clam Phone", with a screen no larger than my thumb. It's pretty bad when your mom picks up your phone and tries to tap the screen but to tell her, "Umm, it's not a touch screen". I finally got frustrated with that phone, so I went to Best Buy to get something that was a lot smarter. At the time I didn't even know Microsoft made a Windows Phone, so when I got there and found out the one phone that was on sale (they were trying to get rid of the phone) was a Windows Phone 8, I jumped on it so fast. The sales rep was surprised that I picked that phone over the others on the shelf. It was the 521, which was only $100. I used the 521 for about a year and a half and loved it. I got so used to the WP8 setup that I had to go further. I picked up the Nokia Lumia Icon a month ago and just haven't looked back since.

I love to be different, so I kept going with the Windows Phone and probably will continue to do so. To put it another way, when my friends all jumped to get the Xbox or the Xbox 360, I grabbed the Wii.

Last edited:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I ended up playing with a Lumia 822 at a Verizon store while I was waiting for a rep. I was planning on upgrading my Android phone to another Android. But I liked the look and feel of the WP 8 OS and the physical feel of the 822. I'm still happy with my phone and have no regrets. My phone does everything I ask of a smartphone although I realize I wouldn't be considered a power user by any stretch.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I needed something new..!! I juz simply didnt like the Android OS..! Not even a bit..!!
Then i came to know about windows phone.. Unique UI..! that attracted me..!! Nd today i am a proud owner of My Lumia..!
Nd yes m nt going to switch to Android Whatsoever..!!

kaantantr

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I like it when the companies don't try to kill my phone every 2 years to make me buy a new one. If they just update the OS just so that my old iDevice won't be able to handle, I get mad. Thankfully Nokia is famous for it's everlasting phones. Although my 3310 is still functioning, I felt the need of a smartphone and luckily, Lumia happenes to adopt WP.

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I used two Android devices and both had inconsistent experiences and lagged after extended ownership so that struck it off my list. The iPhone is just plain too expensive for what it is and assume it offers so I discount it without further research. Having used three legacy BlackBerry devices, I developed a form follows function attitude and appreciated some of the unique optimizations in the platform. I was always deeply integrated into the Microsoft ecosystem so looking into their mobile solutions after BlackBerry moved to OS 10 was a natural step for me even after some of my apprehensions with Windows Phone.‎ I did not find the new BlackBerry operating system fit my needs beyond what I already had; so by process of elimination, and the desire for a modern smartphone, I find myself with a Windows Phone device.

cuek80

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Stability, and fast. With the same spec, i find wp to be fastest and most stable among others.

Sent from my Amazon Otter using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb