OneDrive and Office 365 are now cheaper and better than Google Drive

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft now gives Office 365 users 1TB of extra storage one OneDrive with a $6.99 monthly subscription, allowing users the full power of Office and a massive amount of storage, undercutting Google Drive with Google's inferior Office software and storage of 1TB for $9.99, at which point Office 365 is available for up to 5 pcs and tablets, along with 5TBs of storage.
Wow. Nice job Microsoft, nailed it.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft now gives Office 365 users 1TB of extra storage one OneDrive with a $6.99 monthly subscription, allowing users the full power of Office and a massive amount of storage, undercutting Google Drive with Google's inferior Office software and storage of 1TB for $9.99, at which point Office 365 is available for up to 5 pcs and tablets, along with 5TBs of storage.
Wow. Nice job Microsoft, nailed it.

The 6.99 a month 365 is only the 2pc and 2tablet personal plan, no? The 5PC one is 9.99

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'd do it, (especially for the 5 devices), but it excludes business use :-(
I reckon they'll be a lot of small businesses deciding not to notice that bit though.

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
FYI,

My Office 365 is under my wifes e-mail, but I've linked my account to her and how I also have 1 TB of storage. Google Drive doesn't even come close to that.

Also, sharing a download link is really brilliant

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
The 6.99 a month 365 is only the 2pc and 2tablet personal plan, no? The 5PC one is 9.99
That is a common misconception. People often quote the $9.99/month for O365, but an annual subscription for O365 is $99... $8.25/month. Shopping around, one can find an annual subscription for $67... $5.58/month. 5 PCs/Macs AND 5 tablets.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So, what happens if you already have a version of office installed and you sign up for this? I bought a license from my work last year and installed it on my home PC, my surface pro (counting as the "tablet") and I have a windows phone. I would like to put this on my iPad and iPhone too. Do I have to buy the one with 5 licenses and reinstall it on all 5 of my devices? Or can I just buy the single use license and install it on my iPad and iPhone and have all of them work together?

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
So, what happens if you already have a version of office installed and you sign up for this? I bought a license from my work last year and installed it on my home PC, my surface pro (counting as the "tablet") and I have a windows phone. I would like to put this on my iPad and iPhone too. Do I have to buy the one with 5 licenses and reinstall it on all 5 of my devices? Or can I just buy the single use license and install it on my iPad and iPhone and have all of them work together?
The only way to get Office on the iPad is via an Office 365 subscription. Unfortunately Microsoft does not offer a flat-out purchase of a license for Office for iPad.

In your case you might need to get a full 365 subscription. What you can try before doing that is to install Office for iPad and attempt to connect it to your license. If it works, then you're done. If it doesn't, then you'll need to get the subscription... though I don't know if it would be worth a subscription just for the iPad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo