Full credit to Microsoft.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a lot of good things to say about Microsoft which to be honest a lot of people don't seem to say anything good. 1st of I am in London England. Last year I saw an ad for the 1020 and I was very impressed. Then they started advertising the 520 and now the 635. Very impressed....then....they started on the 930. Couldn't believe it. Even the surface pro is being advertised. When I had a problem I got online and spoke to a Microsoft worker with 20 seconds and got a refund on an app within 5 mins (long story)
So a big shout out goes to them. I had a few hiccups such as when I bought my 1520 I got 20 pounds app credit and 9 free xbox games which was great but since DP 8.1 I can only re-download 2 of them again. Shame as I had modern combat 4, assassins creed..etc...... And Microsoft couldn't help as it didn't appear on the list at their end that I downloaded it. Never mind...you win some you lose some. But all in all very impressed with their uk ad campaign. All they got to do now is show what the phones can do like iphone and samsung galaxy phones, rather then just hold up a phone and talk about it. But yes...... Now windows phones are starting to make a name for themselves. And for people moaning "lack of apps" then don't blame Microsoft...blame the developers... Your forgetting that they are so rich from android and iphone when they release the apps that they are to busy to decode for windows due to them spending their earnings. And rather moan about it...get of your arse and YOU develope an alternative instead ! Did you know the only reason why flappy birds was pulled off the iphone market for a while was because the developer felt guilty as people got addicted to it. Yet he was getting thousands of pounds A DAY for that app. Oh and as for cyan update.. I noticed a change. Try taking a pic in low light with no flash. Big difference to how it used to be. So yes..... I think Microsoft deserves credit where its due. People are quick to complain about them but slow at congratulating them

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm really impressed also with their services approach. I can get everything Microsoft pretty much on any device . I'm doing a experiment where I'm going to use all Microsoft services on my iphone and iPad to see how I like it. I admit that it feels weird, ha ha. I'm deciding between that and googles services.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am also in London, bought my wife a new laptop at Xmas with 8.1 and it was a revelation, since then we have whole heartedly moved to Windows products as our complete system, for me its a 1520, Surface Pro, Laptop and Desktop, for the wife it's a 520, Surface 2 and the laptop that started it.

On top of that we also purchased an Xbox One as our new entertainment system (Not that into games) and we have taken out an Office 365 subscription.

I love the total integration and the usability, with the new 1 TB of storage for Office 365 users it now all makes so much sense, I can take a picture on my phone, within a minute it is uploaded to OneDrive and showing on my telly through the Xbox without any other intervention from me, again any pictures either of us take during the day are all available on any of our devices.

I really think Microsoft are very close to making the whole thing work, and work very well.

They just need to keep on and not drop the ball when they are so close, as far as I can see there are just one or two issues they need to sort out, one is playing local music on the Xbox One (Yes I can push it from other devices), and Xbox music's subscription, I would consider ?10 per month if it was for a family and not just a single user, the Office 365 family subscription with decent OneDrive storage shows them the way to go, if they advertise this, people will come back to Windows in droves.

Keep it up Microsoft and don't do a Blackberry on us.

Bob

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Well said bob. Think Microsoft has finally hit the nail on the head with the 930 ad they are doing on tv. Really nice to hear about people having some good news about the company :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3