Neelim Shyam

May 15, 2014
Visit site
My experience with the LLS app:

Pro's:
1. Great style
2. Runs on 512 Mb devices too.

Cons:
1. Lag on start(seen on 1 gigs devices also)
2. The white spots in the analog clock screen should have shown the hour, minute and second. They seems vacant otherwise.

Hope Microsoft will fix the issues with an update to the app..

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Nice writeup of limitations on WindowsObserver . In short, the issues are

1. lockscreen icons are not correct for apps (e.g. tweetium, battery) - they get a star, not the app's icon
2. calendar details sometimes don't show; need to turn off and on the calendar detail view in main lock screen settings
3. kid's corner is disabled
4. lag affects all devices. Saving/loading screenshots seems to be the cause - this is why your screen looks fuzzy when you log in at first, BTW
5. if you have Quiet Time turned on then no app info is displayed on the lock screen.

Some of these may be by design (quiet time, kid's corner), and they will probably be fixed as time goes on, but you should know what you're getting into before you install.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Negative for me: No weather info, e.g. temps, and apps like Bing Weather can't display their own weather info on the dynamic lock screen.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Pros: 1)The lock screen looks awesome after using it.
Cons:1) the icons of some of the apps are shown as stars(WhatsApp,BBM)
2)the Tokyo style doesn't show time
3) we cant use kids corner if we turn on live lock screen. :( (the biggest con for me)

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The camera button on my 925 just sends me to the start screen from the "beta" lock screen app.
When I hold the back button the camera is open in the background.

First goof I've seen so far.
I will try to report this to Microsoft.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Not seeing any lag from the "beta" lockscreen after soft resetting me 925 right after installing the "beta" app.

Also if I press the camera button without having the "beta" lockscreen open the phone jumps right to the camera app.

Overall happy with this free app from Microsoft...

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
No lag on mine ( Lumia 925) and I didn't soft reset, I just rebooted the phone, but there is one problem it shows lock screen notifications as stars,

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes the Dynamic Lock screen doesn't show on my L720. The default lock screen photo shows instead. And sometimes the password box splashes over the lock screen.

Shahim Mohammed

May 2, 2014
Visit site
yeah I even got two of them at the same time. when I swiped up the live lock screen, there was the normal lock screen. secondly, they are using a screen shot instead of opening into the actual start screen.

it's evident that at the moment it is just acting as a plaster over the default setup.. the API's that were promised would not be of much potential of Microsoft doesn't properly integrate live lock screens into the OS.
Sent from my Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
My experience with the LLS app:

Pro's:
1. Great style
2. Runs on 512 Mb devices too.

Cons:
1. Lag on start(seen on 1 gigs devices also)
2. The white spots in the analog clock screen should have shown the hour, minute and second. They seems vacant otherwise.

Hope Microsoft will fix the issues with an update to the app..

Pros
820 1GB no lag

Con
Stars replaced the notification icons

Agree with you on the analog clock

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Pros: Looks nice and makes WP distinct.

Cons: I want to see the weather on my lock screen. Microsoft should consider linking this to Bing Weather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire