Nokia Lumia 1520 vs. HTC One M8 for Windows

SwizzleSoftware

May 30, 2012
Visit site
My wife owns a 1520 and once you get use the bigger screen, it really makes going back to my 1020 sad :) From my point of view, Nokia/MS have quite good support in terms of Firmware & apps. The denim update has some really nice features, so from my point of view the 1520 is the way to go.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This is not really for me it's more for future Windows owners or people looking to upgrade!(;
I love both these devices...so I want others to know about them. I started a new thread called "Should You Buy The HTC One M8 for Windows?" That I want to become a poll. The One M8 is a more universally accepted device(size and brand) and I want to get it out there. The more people who buy it the more chance of more OEM's and no one here can say that's a bad thing, haha.
First things first: MICROSOFT MAKE THE STUPID PHONE INTERNATIONAL STOP WITH YOUR EXCLUSIVE BULL. cough cough.

Uh that's kind of no.....the Lumia brand is far more recognizable than HTC one's series.

That is not me being a Lumia fan boy, that's me noting that when people think android they do not automatically think HTC one

It is Samsung then likely LG and Moto phones with HTC around there.

And many people are highly unaware that HTC sells windows phone since windows phone is synonymous with Lumia presently. Especially since one is related to android then windows, to most people.

So yeah I gotta say strongly a big no on that.
(did the one even sell as many Lumia phones last year?)
Had you said samsung, I could've seen that but HTC...no.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The One series sold way more Lumias last year. The M7 was HTC's best selling device ever and I've seen way more of them than Lumias or Windows devices in general.
The M8 also sold a lot. Not as much as Samsung, but the HTC has more credit just because it's Android. Even though Lumia is synonymous with Windows, HTC is Android and Windows now.
It's also a gateway. Making more Lumia's isn't going to convince the big names like Samsung and LG to dedicate money and time to Windows.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well being on T-MO US We would not know. as we don't have these two devices Hell we don't even have the 8.1 update which is why I just ordered apple 6+ just got old always waiting for a high end device or an update that will never come or the ever so mighty coming soon. been here from win mobile to WP7 been long enough

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The One series sold way more Lumias last year. The M7 was HTC's best selling device ever and I've seen way more of them than Lumias or Windows devices in general.
The M8 also sold a lot. Not as much as Samsung, but the HTC has more credit just because it's Android. Even though Lumia is synonymous with Windows, HTC is Android and Windows now.
It's also a gateway. Making more Lumia's isn't going to convince the big names like Samsung and LG to dedicate money and time to Windows.

I'm sorry but the HTC One for Windows JUST came out a month ago. HTC has always been Android and Windows lol....the one M8 for windows does not change anything except it is basically an android model with windows phone is the main difference. And HTC has largely been irrelevant for the past 4 years and currently still is even with the one M8. I guess we will see once it goes to At&t and tmo but for whatever reason I still don't think the M8 will be anything monumental(which is why I laughed at those who said I am threatened by the M8) simply because the M8 isn't even monumental on Android(When i briefly considered Android the other week, the guy was pushing LG and samsung actively....it wasn't until I MENTIONED HTC that he was like "oh it's a good phone.")

In regards to sales....
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/25/htc-one-best-selling-phone-will-m8-match

the HTC One(Flagship) sold 6.4 million for the entire year of 2013(and i am sure a little more with its other 2 in its family) vs 30 million sold for the Lumia family in 2013. So no the one series did NOT sell more than the lumia.

I've seen more Lumia's than htc one's to be honest here in America and I've seen way more Galaxy and LG and even Moto X than i've seen htc one.

Making more Lumias is exactly what is needed....
While I am sure people would love a Samsung or an LG or Lenovo/Moto or Sony....

Most people are wanting a Lumia 1030 and 1530 or updated 925.

The articles on WPC and the forums and other WP enthusiast sites.

People WANT more Lumia. Majority wants it and not something from Samsung or other people....

A lot of people were disappointed with cancellation of Goldfinger and the upcoming 730 & 830 and have been stuck on phones like the 900 and 920 and chose to settle with the HTC one(or other platforms) for the time being until threshold.

But most people DO want Lumia with better specs or design and Microsoft needs to give them that and stop relying on HTC and these other OEMs as well as release the hardware faster and updates sooner.

Sergio Andrade

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
In my humble opinion. at the time Im a happy user of a Lumia 920, and an iPhone 5. And previously i was an Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4S owner. in my first experience the iPhone 4S against the Samsung, the 4S was unbeatable, it has a a better and faster reception, more battery life, and no lags comparing it Samsung S3. Now in this experience between Lumia and iPhone, both phones are completely equated in autonomy and Use fluency. both phones has no lags and respond immediately against my sisters S4. But, in this case (i don`t now why) the iphone 5 gets a terrible signal. its completely slow and most attempts to access internet or even whatsapp fail. While my 920 gets internet access without troubles and its GPS even without internet, is almost magical. Its true that windows phone doesn?t have the same quantity of apps that iOS or Android have. But that is change. After having Android (with the S3), iOS with iPhone 4S or 5, and now Windows Phone with my Lumia, i can tell that:

Equipment quality: Lumia. iPhone
Signal Reception: Lumia
Operative system stability: Lumia, iPhone
Operative system Usability: Lumia, iPhone
Battery Life: Lumia
Photo/Video Camera: Lumia
See videos: Lumia, S4 or S5
Games/Apps: iOS, Android (for now)
Editing Videos: iPhone, Lumia
Editing Audio: iPhone
Audio Recording: iPhone, S4 or S5
Create/see documents (with the official packages for each OS): iPhone, S4 or S5
Support and updates: iPhone, Lumia.

For all that. Im going to purchase a Nokia Lumia 1520 in these days. And give away my 920 to my uncle. I hope i have been helpful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo