Microsoft needs to advertise features!

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I just recently realized that you can capture a Photosynth style image using the camera app that's built in to Windows 8.1! Messing around with my Surface Pro, joking about people shooting pictures with tablets, I stumbled across this. What's more, you can view and navigate and share those captured images in OneDrive with no additional software required.
This kind of stuff is great but if no one knows about it because no one has talked about it no one is going to use it, and it'll be deprecated until some competitor does the same thing and "revolutionizes the way we share our world".

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
WP 8.1 came with a lot of new features which Microsoft never talked about, Nokia was good at advertising and that's why lumias do well in my country but since the sell of Nokia I barely hear any radio adverts about a new Nokia phone.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Dont give nokia too much praise with marketing because you NEVER see nokia ads in the u.s and on top of that,young people dont really wanna walk around telling people hey i got a new nokia lumia 152929...etc and as for microsoft,they need to stop comparing their products to apple all the time in their ads,use less tech words and actually just show off the device and its features ,like apple does..I cant wait til the microsft comes out with their next lumia line up, so they can finally be properly named in a simple way people can talk about, like the LUMIA ONE (930),and LUMIA ONE+(1520),and LUMIA ONE MINI (635 or 520)...because these numbers have got to GO! but aside from this nokia does make good ads,they just never come on tv in the u.s

Like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8_Z7_kJ3_g&list=PLgKNvl454BxeDMU2rPf3Y7rjegrzYwd7U&index=5

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyN5hU24PFo&index=3&list=PLgKNvl454BxeZvBeT7L40LTrJR96zAb8o

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iCu9JrWhww&index=1&list=PLgKNvl454BxdDPKeFPH03Ch1072oRKUr-

if commercials like these actually got played on u.s television then i think alot of ppl especially teens would drop their iphones and snatch up a lumia faster than the speed of light! The windows phone commercials in the u.s are never good compared to apple and samsung commercials...They know how to REALLY make you want their product!

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft needs to translate features into benefits. For example, the Photosynth like image taking should be slotted as unique and memorable ways to take photographs. It's the same with PureView, instead of pushing the number of pixels and features for their own sake, actually discuss how the photos are awesome and worth sharing on Instagram, unlike the same old same old you get with iPhone.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft needs to translate features into benefits. For example, the Photosynth like image taking should be slotted as unique and memorable ways to take photographs. It's the same with PureView, instead of pushing the number of pixels and features for their own sake, actually discuss how the photos are awesome and worth sharing on Instagram, unlike the same old same old you get with iPhone.
we should all try to spread this (my post above with the good commercials and advice) microsoft has been very good at listening lately and may actually see this and take it into account!:smile:

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Wow that third commercial was really cool. That would certainly peak my interest if I saw that on TV.

we should all try to spread this (my post above with the good commercials and advice) microsoft has been very good at listening lately and may actually see this and take it into account!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros