New High-end Lumia Devices this side of Christmas?

Viracocha

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anybody saw the Conversations with Tuula Rytil?, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Phones at Microsoft. I'd post a link, but I don't have enough post points, I guess. Anyways, here's a snippet:

Conversations:
So when are we going to see the first Microsoft Lumia device?[

Tuula:
I wouldn?t comment on future product announcements, but what I can say is that that we are looking forward to unveiling a Microsoft Lumia device soon. This is of course a natural progression as all devices that once came from Nokia now come from Microsoft.

I can't help but think it's possible that some of the rumored next-gen high-end Lumia devices will be released later this year (e.g. 1525, 1030, or whatever their names/numbers will be...). There were leaks/rumors for some of these next-gens back in January! Perhaps the delay was primarily due to the change-over and re-branding.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to spoil your dream........

MJF said on Wednesday on Windows Weekly over on Twit....No New Windows Phones in this Calender Year.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
As far i can dig... could be possible the Nokia Lumia 830 rebranding to MS Lumia 830 and some rumors about some kind of mid low end phone code name RM-1090 with a 540 x 960 screen, sadly no high end Lumia phone for this year.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure of this; but since Verizon has discontinue the Icon before the full year is over; maybe Microsoft can work out something with Verizon to shorten the exclusivity of the Icon contract! If they can; the 930 could then be sold in the U.S. with all the built-in radios of all the U.S. carriers inside. But this is a long shot! Verizon does not need the money and does not care to release the Icon since it has till February 2015 still!

Viracocha

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
MJF said on Wednesday on Windows Weekly over on Twit....No New Windows Phones in this Calender Year.

Vinny Gambini: Are you shoe-wa? How could you be so shoe-wa?

What is MJF? All I can think of is Michael J Fox. Tried to find the tweet, but couldn't. Is that a Microsoft rep?

could be possible the Nokia Lumia 830 rebranding to MS Lumia 830 and some rumors about some kind of mid low end phone code name RM-1090

It seems that only the high-end Lumias will be branded as Microsoft Lumias. The low-ends will remain Nokia branded.

You guys are probably right. Perhaps, I'm reading too much into the word, "soon." But, it just seemed like an odd word choice to describe a next year release. And, I would think they would want a more significant introduction of the Microsoft Lumia brand then just a name change of existing devices. Oh well, I'm sure Greywolf1967 will crush my dream with some source link.

That being said, my wife's Lumia 635 just arrived yesterday and I'm very impressed with the value of that phone.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Vinny Gambini: Are you shoe-wa? How could you be so shoe-wa?

What is MJF? All I can think of is Michael J Fox. Tried to find the tweet, but couldn't. Is that a Microsoft rep?

MJF = Mary Jo Foley, author of All about Microsoft on ZDnet. Also a regular on Windows Weekly Live on twit.tv .

A very trustworthy source of MS stuff.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh well, I'm sure Greywolf1967 will crush my dream with some source link.

That being said, my wife's Lumia 635 just arrived yesterday and I'm very impressed with the value of that phone.

It's almost 2 Hours long and in there......Leo asked about new Handsets, and Mary said noting for the rest of the year. As she was at Teched in Spain for the show.

Windows Weekly 386 | TWiT.TV

My guess is she pestered an insider for the news.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It looks like that we are leaning on the HTC One for Windows to carry the load. Microsoft will unleash a ton of fun stuff with Windows 10, but that could be mid-next year. Seems nothing else is likely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb