Who runs Promotions for Microsoft?? So Nov.19/14 was mainly Cortana for UK.....

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
In light of all the unhappy people and topics started by the masses here, Microsoft just proved the point why people are grumbling.

So the "Secret Event" was to watch some guy ( I guess a star of xgames ) ride a bicycle through a loop, basically to promote Cortana in the UK.

Yes to also get some push on Twitter for #MakeItHappen...but to also push Cortana. The UK version from what I understand has not been welcomed as well in the UK, as it has been in the US. A changed voice with a UK accent not Jen's voice. Correct me if I am wrong......

So they spent money on this event, and I am sure from pictures available on Twitter this was not a cheep thing.

Now the LumiaUK Twitter account has had the result of the Loop ride going well for an hour now....to a total of 31 Re-Tweets and 20 Favs.

So this big event in London to Launch Nothing.....not 1 bit of Hardware. Really????????

Someone needs to loose a Job !!!!!

Compare something like this to the Launch of the Nokia Lumia 900 that took place in London....so well done, and very well covered that I knew of it here in Canada. As did many people in the US.
They Projected the Windows Phone UI onto a building during a live dance party with Deadmau ( sorry if I got name wrong ).

Also compare this to the Launch of Google Glass......another well done Live event to Launch something that stuck in the minds of people.

Who signed the ok for this Event almost Non-Event?????? Has Event Staff lost touch with the real world????

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Calm down man. Its not a big deal

I am calm. I am just flabbergasted at how Microsoft really needs to get with a PR firm and Promotions Firm to really hold an event like this to go along with something....to spark interest in a thing that a person can hold in their hands.

This would have been a better event to Launch say a UK version of The Band + Cortana....A New Mid Range Phone with Cortana.

So who is at the Wheel of the ship??????

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Phones and devices don't have to be launched at every single event. People like you need to calm your selves down. Microsoft is working hard on Windows 10 to make the perfect OS that will attempt to please EVERYONE. People like you make it hard for them. Y'all are never satisfied.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Phones and devices don't have to be launched at every single event. People like you need to calm your selves down. Microsoft is working hard on Windows 10 to make the perfect OS that will attempt to please EVERYONE. People like you make it hard for them. Y'all are never satisfied.
No "People like you " need to learn to read.......I am calm, very calm. I asked a Question after I made a statement that someone needs to be axed from a job.

At no point did I complain about Windows Phone, it's OS, or the soon to be Windows 10.

What has me scratching my head is who gave the Ok for today. It by point of "FACT" has generated so much Buzz that a whole 40 people retweeted and 27 have favored the Post of the Success of the Stunt.......now 3 Hrs after it was posted by LumiaUK.
Windows Central Tweet has gathered 10 and 4.

So I guess this should be a cause to pop the Champagne corks????? As any time now it should be trending............Yes?

Ozzy1320

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. If they were trying to reach a certain target group they did a really poor job of doing because i can see a connect between them, meaning new device young demographic vibrant and silently funky colors but the message is has not been properly conveyed. Its almost as if MS has no idea with there trying to connect with, simple put a disconnect between consumer and corporation.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I get that Microsoft wants to Push Cortana to the front and center, however they seem to fail at Self Promotion.

I mean this was about the best Stage they could have had to give Cortana a boost, and you have a Professional Athlete doing a wonderful stunt, why wasn't the Microsoft Band featured????? ( To hype it more for a Maybe 2015 limited release)
The data they could have flashed up......resting heart rate....heart rate during the stunt.

To steal a Microsoft tag........Honestly who is at the wheel of Promotions??????

The UK version of Cortana was not welcomed with open arms going by reviews over on YouTube. Did Halo change Cortana's voice for the video game on Xbox for the UK market?????? No.
So someone please explain to me why for the Phone version Cortana has a UK accent?????

The Truth is, I have viewed better Fan made Ads for Windows Phone then what Microsoft has put out in the past. The only Ad Microsoft got right, was showing real people who were using Microsoft Hardware in their daily Job duties.....The Storm Chaser for one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs