ZDNet's David Gerwitz is the next to flame Windows

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I started to read the article and gave up. I don't think I can agree with much that he says... Again, I didn't read the whole thing though.

Not sure if I'm the only one that loves windows 8 and its ease of use with touch screen when your messing around and full powered keyboard/mouse when it's time to get down to business. A couple of times, I've almost reached out to touch my monitor at work (win 7, no touch screen).

I also like where MS is heading with win 10... Although I wish they'd get there a little faster...

So in short, I haven't lost any loyalty to MS.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I think you guys are reading way too much into it. I didn't sense any hating at all. He just explained how he migrated away from most things Microsoft. Perhaps your loyalties are adding filters that aren't there.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Clearly anti-Microsoft articles generate clicks.

When I compare most articles about Windows or Windows Phone on tech blogs they tend to have the most comments too.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Its all a master plan to derail the momentum of Windows 10..it won't work. Pretty soon it will be the year of Microsoft.

Are we really scared of Apple or Android...they are so been there done that.

Ones expensive as all sin
The other quirky janky

All it will take is Windows 10 to knock them all down. Love my $40 Nokias and Build 9901

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha! I did the opposite. I moved away, far away from anything google to Microsoft. Never tried the fruit co and I refuse to even go there.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Smartest guy in the room.
4 monitors.
Tenth of a petabyte of storage.
Deserves a direct response from an OEM for a simple question.
Teaches at Berkeley.
Looks over his shades and down his nose at you.

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Some okay points. Microsoft still has catching up to do. They very well may do it with Windows 10. But that is about one year away from release, including another few years of adoption. Tack on another year after saturation for developers to see the demand - then develop & release universal applications.

Generally, it was negative and narcissistic post. His gripe about support is unfounded. Google has no customer support number. And Apple's genius' incompetence nearly cost one of my coworker's 3 years of photos on her iPhone

As for me, I ditched Verizon, and with that my Icon for Cricket wireless. Even at 0 dollars, the Lumia 635 is insufficient. I opted for a Moto G.
I also ditched Xbox for PS4. Games for Gold was sneakily misrepresented, with a stated 2 games per month, but only one being new. The main IP on Xbox was neglected at the expense for other industries with a discernible hit to the games' quality. That's not okay.

* In this consumer's opinion, Windows, Office, & OneDrive are all top class.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Could have been the OP intent but posting links to articles like that only increases the total hits that article will get, which obviously, is what the author is wanting.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Good for the guy, and the other 8 people who use Macs

I guess I must be one of those "other 8 people," according to you. Typing this from my Mac as I speak. I happen to own a Sony VAIO that runs Windows 7 as well. Seriously, that was an inane and very unnecessary comment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros