Is the Xbox music pass available in the UK?

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Xbox music pass not available in UK

Just tried to buy the discounted music pass. I couldn't because the site will not take my credit card because it only allows US addresses. I asked the "chat" to help - after first sending me to the Hong Kong site! - I was then told that you cannot buy the music pass in UK. I phoned MS to check this out and it is true. MS do not sell the music pass in UK, in fact no where in Europe!
I find this shocking. Are we in the 21st Century? Downloads from all over the world? Apparently not. As there are so few music players on Windows ( and particularly Windows phone) I think this might signal my return to Android.
Terrible marketing. And the MS people just didn't care.

Hugo Hall

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Xbox music pass not available in UK

I just gave lying a shot, and it worked! I figured the worst case was I got a refund so gave it a go. I essentially just completely lied about the address, I filled in the house and street as normal, but then made up the state and found a random zip code online. The phone number also needed a little tweaking. I then paid with paypal, was a bit worried that it had a different billing address, but there were no issues.

After payment it took an hour or so of nervous waiting before I got an email with a code. I put the code in on the redemption page, and then bam, I have 12 months music pass. I've checked and it still says 12 months pass on the "en-GB" version of the xbox music site.

So, conclusion: lie and use paypal, then cross your fingers and hope you get lucky.

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I just gave lying a shot, and it worked! I figured the worst case was I got a refund so gave it a go. I essentially just completely lied about the address, I filled in the house and street as normal, but then made up the state and found a random zip code online. The phone number also needed a little tweaking. I then paid with paypal, was a bit worried that it had a different billing address, but there were no issues.

After payment it took an hour or so of nervous waiting before I got an email with a code. I put the code in on the redemption page, and then bam, I have 12 months music pass. I've checked and it still says 12 months pass on the "en-GB" version of the xbox music site.

So, conclusion: lie and use paypal, then cross your fingers and hope you get lucky.

Thanks. I did that and yes it worked - I now live in Pasadena!!! But why don't MS sell the music pass in UK???

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The music pass is available in the UK, I have it and so does my wife and lad, it's available on the UK website.

If your question was in fact "Is the current US discount available" then the answer is no, unless you lie about where you are.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just been thinking about this and you may have shot yourself in the foot, I believe the catalogue for Xbox Music is larger in Europe than the US and as an example the latest Pink Floyd album "Endless River" isn't available in the US but it is in the UK.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I bought my music pass in UK, using uk address, however I was on Zune when originally bought, its on renewal now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3