Microsoft promotes Windows Phone in Brazil in a spectacular manner

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
One of the biggest broadcasters in the world (TV Globo, just lost to ABC), gives 410 Lumias 530 for free for the audience of the "Caldeir?o do Huck" on TV Globo.
Sponsored by Microsoft Brazil.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nice promotion, but still a drop in the bucket. They would have to do it 100 times to mean much.

I think it's big enough that it might make a difference in Brazil, since the OP mentioned it's being done in many malls.

They just need to do stuff like this in more countries.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
They could have given a Lumia 730, but I believe the Lumia 530 was not so successful here. And as the Lumia 730 is doing very well (it's hard to find in stock on stores), would be complicated promote something which has nothing to buy.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Let's take a moment out of our lives to laugh really, really hard:
Microsoft directly attacks the Samsung and LG low-ends (even without naming names)
Saying that they are outdated, slow and "have no apps".
Bravo, Microsoft. You have made my day.

I'm also glad to hear the 730 is a big success over there. It's the only x30 phone I wish would really break expectations.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Let's take a moment out of our lives to laugh really, really hard:

Bravo, Microsoft. You have made my day.

I'm also glad to hear the 730 is a big success over there. It's the only x30 phone I wish would really break expectations.

The ads are serving at least to promote Windows Phone.
I wanted to promote more the Lumia 730 or 930 (the last one, they don't promote, but Apple, Samsung and Sony promote flasgships here. Yes, the ad of iPhone is... ridiculous). But is helping to promote 530 anyway.
Today my cousin said "Oh, I saw now that Lumias is Dual-sim right? Nice".

Last edited:

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Read that in Brazil WP is actually outselling IOS. But together they only have 10% of the market. Android has the other 90%. Still its a start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism