"Will there be new hardware at Microsoft's Windows 10 event? Of course." - Tom Warren

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If it's a flagship phone they did hid it very good.
X box could because they lowered the price (maybe to get the stock out)
For the band they should make it available world wide (but not sure if that is windows 10 related)

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I hate to say this but I think its a ridiculous idea, I mean why can't they just make the WP's a full PC that's what we all wanted after all.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say this but I think its a ridiculous idea, I mean why can't they just make the WP's a full PC that's what we all wanted after all.

Battery life is still an issue with x86-based tablets so I can imagine what it would be like with an LTE radio running as well.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I think we can count on seeing a Windows Phone using the Intel Cherry Trail SoC later this year. That my friend will be a full PC phone.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe that we will see a new Xbox. I just think we would have heard about it by now, and it seems early for a die/body shrink.

I think we will absolutely see new laptop/tablet/hybrid hardware. It's about 6 months early for a Surface Pro 4, but maybe the long-awaited Mini shows up? We will almost certainly see some OEM partners show stuff off, I would think.

On the mobile side, the 435 and 1330 are the likeliest culprits for reveal. I'd almost hope AGAINST a flagship, as we've heard nothing from the FCC, and I'd be worried about the crapfest of announcing it in January and releasing it 2 months later (or more). In a perfect world, the 1030 would show up, but I've just become really pessimistic towards Microsoft's hardware decisions since they took over for Nokia and pooped out budget devices seemingly monthly, while canceling the one flagship they planned.

I don't believe that hybrid laptop/phone device will happen, either. It just logistically seems awkward, and would basically mean we would get an Intel-based phone that I can't see as likely. The hardware simply looks like a vertical slider, a la the Venue, and maybe that form factor could happen. Like I said, I just have learned to keep my expectations low after a year of disappointment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon