Microsoft on "due date"?

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have been using Windows Phones, XBOX and Surface since the first models but looks like Microsoft is not working very fast to keep up with the competitors. After I seen the Apple earnings today I really think that will be impossible to Microsoft catch with the competition.
We had “tap and pay” on the phones for a long time and never worked without a app like "Softcard" they never implemented it right.
They show a lot of new cool stuffs like (AR-Glass) but people still doesn't say anything about innovation.
XBOX had a bad launch and it didn't prove to be a next gen console yet.
Windows 10 Looks great but people still with a step back on everything that Microsoft does.
In other hand Apple didn't do anything new and the whole world says that they innovate a lot last year and this year with a 2.5 hours battery watch and now Apple+IBM will hit Microsofts enterprise market.
I think Microsoft time passed. Looks like everybody hates Microsoft. even people that use Windows.
I will probably buy the next Windows Phone and see how it goes in more one year.

I'm not an English speak native :sweaty:

What do you guys think without being a fan-boy? What happened with Microsoft?

Regards,

Last edited:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Apple announced their profits, and there is little surprise that they had a very big quarter. They were already generating something like 60% of their revenue on iPhone, and the new iPhone sold like crazy and they got holiday sales in yet to boot. But Apple's success doesn't spell doom for Microsoft. Microsoft had their own earnings call this week as well, and their revenue was up, but profits were down due to some restructuring costs. (Full story here: Microsoft reports FY15 Q2 results, generated $26.5 billion in revenue | Windows Central )

Microsoft stands to have a very big 2015.Releasing Windows 10 across the board will certainly be a big deal for them. I think a lot of enterprise users will be interested in Windows 10, where they largely ignored Windows 8.

I have personally seen a lot of positive feedback from people about the HoloLens. I think people will really go nuts for this thing if it looks as good as they made it look during the demonstration.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
They need to put a lot of money in for marketing because they are going to lose the more customers and now part of the enterprise with APPLE+IBM. They still have that EVIL in peoples mind.

Everything that google and apple do people say "ohhhhhhh amazing" even if it is a piece of crap;.

Nobody that you see on TV uses windows devices. The ones that they paid like NFL, called the device a "Kind iPad"... They have to wakeup.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft time passed. Looks like everybody hates Microsoft. even people that use Windows.
Microsoft's shady practices of the past, their anticompetitive behaviour, they way they moan about Google's dominance in web search being anti-competitive, their buggy and insecure software... why should people trust Microsoft now?

MSFT comes with a lot of baggage. Nadella has the balls to try to bring about the cultural change needed to make MSFT and Windows relevant again. But that isn't going to happen over night. It will take years. But MSFT has a lot of work to do.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft's shady practices of the past, their anticompetitive behaviour, they way they moan about Google's dominance in web search being anti-competitive, their buggy and insecure software... why should people trust Microsoft now?

MSFT comes with a lot of baggage. Nadella has the balls to try to bring about the cultural change needed to make MSFT and Windows relevant again. But that isn't going to happen over night. It will take years. But MSFT has a lot of work to do.

Funny because Google and apple plays anticompetitive and nobody cares

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

Because Microsoft still too slow on game and "loved" to destroy fanbase in the past with Zune, WP7, Win8 (not 8.1), AoE, Zoo Tycoon,... and being defamatory by Apple ******, and Valve. Can you believe that Steam laucher still not support touchscreen?

Even MS Office Online they don't really care to put more feature into it like what Google did with their office?! I still have to using Google Doc because the lacking features in Office Online. Online collaborate in Office Online is really bad and uncomfortable compared to Google Office. They only care about US and their services (Bing & Xbox) are really bad at other countries compared to how good Google is.

To conclusion, people hate Microsoft because they screwed up too much.

The things that they're got it on the right track right now is Surface, Windows10, Cortana, Xbox and HoloLens. So there're still hope for them. Microsoft are on top too long and now they can't even know what to do anymore, so they're trying anything to fix that. Better late than never.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs