USDOJ Complaint: Are Chase & BofA engaged in anti-competitive collusion with Apple??

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
It is my opinion that there is too much coincidental timing and alignment of goals (ie Apple Pay). I wrote an email complaint to the Department of Justice and posted it on my blog. I think I described enough observational flags to warrant at least a questioning of the parties. If you agree with what I presented, maybe you can write your own email (​askdoj@usdoj.gov).

https://jeffdalydose.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/doj-complaint/

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It is my opinion that there is too much coincidental timing and alignment of goals (ie Apple Pay). I wrote an email complaint to the Department of Justice and posted it on my blog. I think I described enough observational flags to warrant at least a questioning of the parties. If you agree with what I presented, maybe you can write your own email (​askdoj@usdoj.gov).

https://jeffdalydose.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/doj-complaint/

I've written to them in the past about a similar issue and they referred me to the FTC. You may want to write to them too.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If they really were in collusion they would be targeting a platform with significantly larger marketshare, i.e. android and not one that's barely on the map.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a stretch.

A coincidence, and I've seen the theories - I play Deus Ex - but it still seems like nothing sinister.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the strategy. Android might be TOO big to target and maybe they feel like they can compete better with Android in a duopoly without a pesky little Windows Phone lingering around. Squash the little one first and move on the bigger prey.

Actually, DOJ investigates anti-competitive cases. They sued Microsoft and have investigated Google. Hey, I'll send to the FTC, too, but I hope that I'm not the ONLY one.

Sounds like a stretch.

A coincidence, and I've seen the theories - I play Deus Ex - but it still seems like nothing sinister.

Big coincidence since they are the headline Apple Pay banks and their announcements were so close to each other AND so close to the Microsoft event.

Forwarded to antitrust@ftc.gov
Report An Antitrust Violation | Federal Trade Commission

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs