Anyone using a wetab with win8?

rjbouw

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The german wetab has an 11,6inch touchscreen, atom 450n with gma 3150. They offer it here (Netherlands) for around 400 euros. I was wondering if someone has installed win8 on it?
Outside Europe i think it was sold as exopc.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

vault21x

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I'm using an EXOPC Slate right now (essentially exact same hardware as the WeTab). I got it off eBay refurbished for around $350 a few days after the CP was released, loaded it up, and it's been working great ever since.

Note though: as i did a clean install, i had to reinstall a little app called 'Millennium' to get things like auto brightness/screen rotation to work properly.

Also, while overall it does work real well, being pretty low-spec'd there are times when the touch becomes a bit unresponsive for a few seconds which is annoying. Otherwise, its an excellent (relatively cheap) option to get your hands (literally) on w8!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Also, anyone else out there with an EXOPC/WeTab??

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I'm using an EXOPC Slate right now (essentially exact same hardware as the WeTab). I got it off eBay refurbished for around $350 a few days after the CP was released, loaded it up, and it's been working great ever since.

Note though: as i did a clean install, i had to reinstall a little app called 'Millennium' to get things like auto brightness/screen rotation to work properly.

Also, while overall it does work real well, being pretty low-spec'd there are times when the touch becomes a bit unresponsive for a few seconds which is annoying. Otherwise, its an excellent (relatively cheap) option to get your hands (literally) on w8!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Also, anyone else out there with an EXOPC/WeTab??

Recently purchased a WeTab and installed Win8 Pro on it (typing this as on it now)

Works great, but where can I find the "app" called Millennium as my tab won't use the auto rotation :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett