Version 1.0 or Version 2.0...that is the question!

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is already working on Surface 2 tablets | News | TechRadar

The recent news of MS hiring staff for a Surface Tablet is good news to say the least but the question is...do I get the "original" ST Pro when it comes out or do I wait for the version 2.0?

Most computers and phones get updated yearly. You will ALWAYS be in a situation where there's something better coming in 12-18 months. Buy what you want when you are ready to buy. If you wait around for the "next big thing," you'll wait forever.

Also, I read "the next generation" as referring to Windows 8 devices in general, NOT referring to a replacement to the Surface RT. I doubt they're already ready to replace something that hasn't even been debuted in production form, not to mention hit the market yet. They could be talking about the Surface Pro, which likely will arrive in Q1 2013. They could be talking about a Surface Mini with a 7" screen that will function as a next-generation Nook Tablet. They could be talking about just about anything.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
After signing of a version of Windows, they're ready to start developing the next one.

Can't see much from version 2. Best thing they could do is maybe adding cellular radio, and size variation. But the rest would be like smaller upgrades.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It has been reported that RT would see several Service Pack updates shortly after release. So that may be the purpose of these new hires, at least in the short term.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte