Vivo Tab RT Deal at Staples. Free Dock!

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If you order the Vivo Tab RT off of Staples.com (they aren't carrying it in store yet) they will throw ith the $160 dock for free. Best Buy won't match this, I tried. Amazon isn't offering the same deal (didn't see if they'd match it or not). No one else I have checked is including the dock, only Staples.com. Best part, free 2 day shipping on any order over $45.

I think this puts the Vivo Tab RT neck and neck with the Surface on value, as they both have features the other doesn't.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I read that several days ago, and I asked every single retailer that was selling it and every last retailer if they were including the dock and as of yesterday, all of them said no. I was really bummed because I like what the Vivo has to offer better than what the Surface has to offer but only wanted to spend $599 with a keyboard so I asked again today, and only Staples said yes. I got off the phone with the local Best Buy 10 minutes ago and they said no. I even went so far as to contact Asus about it because all the reviews said it was included and retailers were saying no. All I got back was a generic response about unreleased products.

Last edited:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Either the word hasnt gone out or most retailers are ignoring it as nowhere else has that deal. Good deal.

I agree. I wanted the Vivo a lot more than I wanted a Surface (it fits my particular use case better), but wasn't willing to shell out $760 bucks on the Vivo for what I could get for $599 in the Surface. This deal made my day this morning.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I agree. I wanted the Vivo a lot more than I wanted a Surface (it fits my particular use case better), but wasn't willing to shell out $760 bucks on the Vivo for what I could get for $599 in the Surface. This deal made my day this morning.

I'm tempted, seems the Atom devices are due Nov 14, per the MS store pre-order page. But RT just wont work for me, so I guess I'll be waiting.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm tempted, seems the Atom devices are due Nov 14, per the MS store pre-order page. But RT just wont work for me, so I guess I'll be waiting.

I was tempted by Atom devices, but I just do not need x86 compatability. I don't own a single paid x86 program and every program I use, with the exception of the coming but unlaunched Nook app, has a Windows RT version available already. I am a techie, but not a power user lol

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I was tempted by Atom devices, but I just do not need x86 compatability. I don't own a single paid x86 program and every program I use, with the exception of the coming but unlaunched Nook app, has a Windows RT version available already. I am a techie, but not a power user lol

I dont run a lot of x86 programs on my Acer at the moment but I think the extra flexibility is worthwhile. Things like backing up to my Home Server, and a few other utilities. Maybe when RT matures I can leave the few programs I currently run behind and move over.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
In that event, TigerDirect.com has it for $499 and Best Buy will price match it. Add in the free dock from ASUS and you have the makings of a really sweet deal on your hands

You know, I've never had best buy accept to price match, has their policy changed?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes. But it turns out there cost on the vivo is $550 so they won't go lower than that. Office Depot matched the $499 though

In store? Hate to admit but I may pick one up and sell my Acer and use it till something decent comes along. And was that without the dock?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
In store? Hate to admit but I may pick one up and sell my Acer and use it till something decent comes along. And was that without the dock?

Yes in store. I'm typing on it now. It was $499 without the dock cause they matched tiger direct. Apparently it is a store by store choice if they price match web sites or not, so if one says no, try another. And I applied for the free dock from Asus, so I will end up paying $499 for the tablet and dock on launch day.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes in store. I'm typing on it now. It was $499 without the dock cause they matched tiger direct. Apparently it is a store by store choice if they price match web sites or not, so if one says no, try another. And I applied for the free dock from Asus, so I will end up paying $499 for the tablet and dock on launch day.

Sounds like a good deal. How do you like it so far?

Edit: looks like the Tigerdirect price has gone back to normal, you nipped in just in time.

Last edited:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a good deal. How do you like it so far?

Edit: looks like the Tigerdirect price has gone back to normal, you nipped in just in time.

Wow that is awesome! I'm really liking it so far. I've used android, iPad, and now windows tablets and this has been my favorite out of the box,

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Wow that is awesome! I'm really liking it so far. I've used android, iPad, and now windows tablets and this has been my favorite out of the box,

Thats good. I'm going to the MS store near me later so I'll compare both if I do decide to buy.

Probably should post in the Vivo RT forum as well, pretty quiet in there. :)

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
You know, I didn't check. There wasn't too much bloat wear on it though, just a Asus could storage app (5 gigs free) and an Asus Camera app. So it should be fairly similar to the 20ish of the Surface

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett