Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I am hoping I might find the answer on here. When in a password field, what does the square icon toggle that appears in the lower right of the touch keyboard (replacing the arrow keys) do?

Are we talking about the touch keyboard as in the accessory or the on screen keyboard?
    665: Neighbour of the Beast \m/

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubb22 View Post
    I am hoping I might find the answer on here. When in a password field, what does the square icon toggle that appears in the lower right of the touch keyboard (replacing the arrow keys) do?
    I'll have to check with mine in a bit but I believe you mean one of them that either makes the keyboard smaller, or undocks it from the bottom.

Global Posts
    8,086 Global Posts
    It actually turns off the highlight on the keys. So when you normally press a key you'll see it turn white as you press it, and flipping that switch turns that off. In landscape, you'll explicitly see that it says hide keypress.

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts
    Thats pretty slick, but should turn off when clicking in a PW field, and that button could turn it back on. Just makes more sense.