Thinkpad 2 Tablet Release Date of Nov 16th Officially Posted on Lenovo.com

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I know there are multiple threads where people posted chat transcripts where they were told Nov 16th was the release day. I did the same thing to see what I would be told, and was told "we cannot, say, but sometime in Nov".

Its officially posted, so no more questions or doubt are needed.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fwww.lenovo.com%2Fus%2Fen%2F&token=16Gcn_vN

I am excited.

I wish it hand a dockable keyboard similar to the Samsung and Asus Win 8 x86 tablets, but 11.6" seems to be too big and hefty to use primarily in "tablet mode". Something lighter and thinner than the iPad seems to be a perfect tradeoff for a smaller screen...for me anyway.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Now, where will it be?

Great news... Im excited to check it out too! Next question will be where can we buy and / or check it out in person.

I think at the Microsoft Store pre-order info page it said something about Staples being a seller. I hope they will have it in store to try out.

RTS2

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Great news... Im excited to check it out too! Next question will be where can we buy and / or check it out in person.

I think at the Microsoft Store pre-order info page it said something about Staples being a seller. I hope they will have it in store to try out.

Yeah, I'd like to know this too...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The Thinkpad 2 page on Lenovo.com has removed the Nov 16th date, and now says "Coming Soon" again. :mad:

Happening with a lot of Atom tablets. No idea how Samsung have managed to ship atom tablet when so many others are having so many problems.

Still waiting for my Asus Vivo tab or HP Envy X2, who knows when those will actually ship in here Europe. If they can't get them out this year i will do something silly and buy new iPad.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Thinkpad Tablet 2 pushed back to 12/31!

Just checked Microsoft's store again and the Thinkpad Tablet 2 is showing a ship date of 12/31/12 now!!! Of course the one tablet I had interest in gets pushed into the new year :(

Sad.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Just checked Microsoft's store again and the Thinkpad Tablet 2 is showing a ship date of 12/31/12 now!!! Of course the one tablet I had interest in gets pushed into the new year :(

Sad.

Like everything else Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 related, this is turning into a debacle. MS COMPLETELY revamped their flagship OS, their main cash cow, their main raison d'etre, in order to be compatible on tablets. Ok....where are they then? The OS was RTM'd weeks ago, and it was available to consumers 2 weeks ago. All with no tablet hardware in sight other than their gimped, locked-down Surface.

I was super excited to get a Thinkpad Tablet 2; instead, Lenovo continues to churn out a bunch of odd, specialty items (the Yoga?? Really?). If it won't ship until 2013 then MS deserves every bit of criticism it will receive, and every dollar of lost profit to Apple and Google will be justified. Perhaps more than Sinofsky needed to lose his job over this.

-R

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Like everything else Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 related, this is turning into a debacle. MS COMPLETELY revamped their flagship OS, their main cash cow, their main raison d'etre, in order to be compatible on tablets. Ok....where are they then? The OS was RTM'd weeks ago, and it was available to consumers 2 weeks ago. All with no tablet hardware in sight other than their gimped, locked-down Surface.

I was super excited to get a Thinkpad Tablet 2; instead, Lenovo continues to churn out a bunch of odd, specialty items (the Yoga?? Really?). If it won't ship until 2013 then MS deserves every bit of criticism it will receive, and every dollar of lost profit to Apple and Google will be justified. Perhaps more than Sinofsky needed to lose his job over this.

-R

I'm pissed about the late release date of the likes og Envy X2, Vivo tab as well, but ATIV Smart PC (that i don't personally care for) with Atom has been out for couple of weeks already.
Some of these other atom tablets being late seems more like a supply problem from Intel or hardware manufacturers focking it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion