OK Lets talk quality and craftsmanship not features. Who has the highest quality?

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
OK Lets talk quality and craftsmanship not features. Who has the highest quality? By this I mean, who has the best build quality between HP, Lenovo, and Asus. I know that it is a opinion but I am about to pull the trigger on one of these and want the best built machine not just features. Are some cheap feeling, built like a tank etc.

thedopesteez

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I sold computers in retail for a few years, overall customers were most happy with Asus (not to mention I've always had good experience with their products and am a big fan of their ultrabooks and tablets)
Lenovo I don't know as much about but friends that have them say they're really solid and they definitely feel like they can take a beating.
HP is my least favorite computer brand, they seem to have the most problems and their customer service is wack. Plus I think their build quality is much worse than Asus and Lenovo.

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Build quality? Lenovo by far. They make premium business machines that are build to last. If you want an ultrabook get the Carbon. But if you want a tablet then wait for the Surface Pro.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I would say ASUS because I had the least problems with them in my tech life. They have good built quality and I just did not see many come back for hardware issues.

HP I would consider to be the average. Its just an average computer, better then a dell though.

Lenovo has good quality, there is no denying that. I just ran into a lot of sound / audio problems that were difficult to fix and by that I mean you have to jump through hoops. The sound problems were usually fixed with a new motherboard. Lenovo has to seriously do something about its sound department.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Asus is always the first choice in my book. Sure price plays a factor in purchases, but more often than not, I get more for my money through Asus, not to mention every laptop/tablet I've owned of theirs came with a 2yr manufactures warranty and 1yr of accidental damage included as the standard warranty.

I have an utter hate of HP because of their service policies, even for large corporations, they have by far one of THE WORST support centers and processes for resolving part replacements. One of my clients went to HP because Dell didn't renew a specific government contract, and now they are regretting it. Not to mention HP changes subcomponents like normal people change underwear; it happens and you rarely know about it. Specifically wifi cards. For the longest time, they supplied Intel 6300 cards and all of a sudden, with no mention, they went to Broadcom cards in the units we order. We had to purchase and replace every single wifi card in 500 laptops because of it.

I can't speak +/- on Lenovo because no business unit I've ever supported wanted to use them. It was always Dell, HP, or custom builds.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
1. Asus
2. Lenovo
3. HP

Asus is a bit of a mixed pack. They in general make awesome quality laptops and i trust them on PC components like no other company. Got plenty of very expensive asus sound and graphic cards that all have worked like a dream and they have a eye for details. Yet they also had huge amounts of problems with the Android transformer tablets with a lot of faulty units shipped. There has also been a quite a bit of reports about the track pad being crappy on Vivo tab. Still myself going for Vivo tab as i have owned plenty of their stuff and never have been
disappointed.

Lenovo does it thing and quality of their devices i have used in general have been good. They just don't maybe give you the wow feeling some Asus, Apple, Nokia etc products give you at times as far as build goes

HP i have the least experience because every times i have tested their laptops they have felt like cheap plasticky mass market products, that they more often are. Also heard plenty of horror stories about their customer service here in Scandinavia. That said i think we are seeing a change here as HP is trying to turn it around. I think the new line of Windows 8 products at least seem to be a step into the right direction.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Asus > Lenovo >>>>>>>>>>HP

+1 on your rating of HP. They suck badly in consumer AND reviewer ratings for reliability right now and have for a few years.

Nobody mentioned Toshiba yet. Most reviews I've seen for 2011/2012 has them roughly tied with Asus for reliability. They do make good machines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99