Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

I'm Windows 8 shopping and seen the Envy at Staples next to the Samsung Ativ, wow! The HP has got them beat by a mile there. Going to Best Buy now to see what they have.
    That's personally why I bought it, yes it is more expensive but I think the build quality and the keyboard dock are worth the premium, I've been nothing but extremely pleased with mine.

Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    Better than the business oriented ElitePad which has a crappy 1280x800 resolution.

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    Better than the business oriented ElitePad which has a crappy 1280x800 resolution.
    Glad to see you edited your comment as when it came through my email I jumped right on here to say that it does indeed have a 1366x768 resolution. But I see you beat me to the punch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I pulled the trigger and got the Envy X2 @ Staples for $749. Love everything about it, except one fatal flaw, the lack of digitizer/stylus. HP advertises this w/ optional stylus. Turns out, this is not ready yet. I called them to make sure that the X2 has a built in digitizer and was informed some models do. When I asked if mine did, nobody would say what model #'s actually do. This is a deal breaker for me, shame cause this really is a quality unit. The performance was great and much better than I expected. Battery life for the couple days I've had it, stellar. All day and could've gone more if needed. I may just put the tablet search on hold till more come out. The ASUS VivoTab I like but $1,000 with dock is a bit steep, plus reading some posts here no product support would **** me off.:D If you guys have any info or suggestions I'd love to know. Thanks.

I just got a 128gb ENVY X2 for 650+tax via a combination of coupons and discounts from HP's website.

I think this model did not get the attention it deserves. It is the only convertible that has a detachable keyboard that appears both A) very solid with no wobbling, and B) can be used very comfortably on your lap unlike the surface.

Strangely, reviews dinged this for being too expensive for an Atom and not powerful enough. Well, I guess if I paid $900 I might feel that way but for 650 it looks pretty awesome. And with iPads being in the 500-700 range, how is an Atom that can do much more all of a sudden too expensive and slow? I guess if you are going to say photoshop is sluggish, you should consider that other premium tablets can't run photoshop at all. And, comparing it to an ultrabook is pointless because this can transform into a totally standalone tablet.

Question, I know this is poor for general gaming, but how does it play the Windows 8 Store games? I heard Cut the Rope isn't optimized too well for the atom and tegra, is that still the case?

I just wanted to let you know about a deal I received as an IU student that is open to the general public as well for those of you wanting to purchase an HP laptop/tablet.

Coupon Code: CAMPUS178
    $100 off HP PCs (orig. $699.99+)
    Must first register for free at: hpdirect.com/academy/Microsoft

Offer combinable with instant rebates and HP Academy pricing. Expires on 3/23/13.
    Coupon code: " CAMPUS178 "
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12