Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hey everyone. I've been around reading most of the posts for a while and finally decided to make my own. With all of the tablets that are coming out or have been announced/delayed/etc., I'm trying to make sense of what I may or may not want to get after the holidays. I figured any input would be great. I love the construction of the RT but want to have the ability to run windows apps as well. I don't want to shell out over $1200 for the Surface Pro (including keyboard and office) when it is released. I don't need a ton of processing power and have been looking at the Pro versions running on Atom; partly due to the extended battery life PLUS legacy windows apps opportunities. Everything that I have seen has some sort of a flaw that has kept me from the "Ohhh, I have to have that one" feeling. I like the Vivotab with docking keyboard. I'm concerned about the 11.6" form factor as a tablet. It might be just a bit unwieldy in tablet mode (I have seen this in some of the Ativ Smart PC reviews). The Vivotab smart looks interesting but the unattached bluetooth keyboard and lack of a digitizer turned me off there. The same with the Thinkpad 2. The keyboard dock leaves little to be desired in my opinion (for what I'm looking at).
    In my mind, I would like the Surface Pro with the Atom processor, smart cover, and digitizer. If I could find this in the $800 range I would be all in.

I'm trying to make up my mind also. I'm stuck between 3. Asus Vivo Tab, not sure if it comes with keyboard for $799 on Microsoft store.com. Lenovo Thinkpad Tab2, or the Samsung Ativ 500T with keyboard. I've seen some bad reviews for this one and reading other threads here it's kind of a theme.

The ASUS Vivo Tab does comes with the keyboard dock at the Microsoft store for $799
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    If it wasn't for the crappy keyboard dock, I think that i would go with the Thinkpad 2. 64GB with wifi, digitizer and a pen for $679 on their website. If they had a keyboard dock similar to the one that Asus and Samsung have used, I think I would be all in as it looks like everything I'm looking for with a reasonable price point. Maybe at CES there will be some announcements of upcoming tablets/convertibles that will strike my fancy or maybe Microsoft will go the same route as Lenovo and add the ability to customize the surface to suit my likings.

Global Posts
    2,881 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesticles View Post
    The ASUS Vivo Tab does comes with the keyboard dock at the Microsoft store for $799
    Actually, it doesnt. They are listed separately, tablet here Buy ASUS VivoTab TF810C Tablet Computer - Microsoft Store Online, and keyboard here Buy ASUS TF810C Tablet Docking Station - versatile docking station with increased battery life and keyboard - Microsoft Store Online. They are shown together in the promo pics but are not bundled for $799.

Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Actually, it doesnt. They are listed separately, tablet here Buy ASUS VivoTab TF810C Tablet Computer - Microsoft Store Online, and keyboard here Buy ASUS TF810C Tablet Docking Station - versatile docking station with increased battery life and keyboard - Microsoft Store Online. They are shown together in the promo pics but are not bundled for $799.
    Ouch! That's pretty steep. Well if anybody can suggest one that'd be great. I like the full HD of the Acer but it's Acer and I'm unsure. I like the idea of having GPS also and the pen/digitizer. I'm open to suggestions if anybody has any.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I have the Asus VivoTab and I gotta say.. the 11.6 in is not too unweildly. I also had the Samsung Ativ 500 but returned it. That kinda was but it was heavy-ish and bulky. The asus is slim and light so while i'ts a good size, it doesn't feel awkward. Personally I love it so far. Great build quality.

Global Posts
    2,881 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nottechsmart View Post
    Ouch! That's pretty steep. Well if anybody can suggest one that'd be great. I like the full HD of the Acer but it's Acer and I'm unsure. I like the idea of having GPS also and the pen/digitizer. I'm open to suggestions if anybody has any.
    If you look around you can get the tablet and dock cheaper from other retailers.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.