W700- Battery and Performance Issues

Joylessbrute

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the W700 and noticed a technical issue. Whenever the tablet runs on battery life it's performance becomes really slow, everything takes at least twice as long to process. The power options, however, remain the same. Does anyone have any info on this problem and can anyone help me out?

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased the W700 and noticed a technical issue. Whenever the tablet runs on battery life it's performance becomes really slow, everything takes at least twice as long to process. The power options, however, remain the same. Does anyone have any info on this problem and can anyone help me out?

Go to Control Panel, Power Options and look under the Advanced Settings for the selected Power Plan. You may find that under the CPU sub setting that the maximum processor speed is set to be less than 100% when running on battery. If so, set it to 100% max on battery and then you should notice a speed increase.

I'd guess that when running on battery the tablet is switching to a more battery saving power plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree with Woodland here, many devices do set it so that on battery the processor clocks itself down, my atom runs flawlessly and only lagged when doing an antivirus scan along with some other tasks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes