Dell Venue pro 8 or Lumia 2520. UK

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Its Dell Venue 8 Pro and Nokia Lumia.

Dell Venue 8 Pro comes with Windows 8.1 while the Lumia comes with RT 8.1. Based on what your needs are, you should make the choice.

anon(5973126)

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It depends on your needs.. I'd prefer windows RT on an Atom processor.. And I don't want kids to install unnecessary software or virus.. So it works for me..

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I went RT. Functions a lot like my laptop minus all the problems associated with x86. I also enjoy the much higher resolution of the Surface 2 and the premium feel. The kickstand gets far more use than I originally thought and the full USB and micro-HDMI is great.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The two devices aren't all that similar, even accounting for the OS. The Dell is an 8" portrait-oriented, WiFi-only tablet while the Nokia is a 10" landscape tablet with 4G onboard. (before anyone says something, you can rotate both) Unless you use Java, specialized VPN software or want some other browser besides IE, Windows RT is not that bad. That said, it doesn't work for me for those reasons.

tabletfreak

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Should I go for Dell or wait for the Nokia Lumina tablet?

Dell venue pro ,as it has full windows desktop edition unlike windows RT
I could run my office remote connection, and this was the stuff I'm truly impressed , Now i dont need to carry my laptop for small trips
Moreover, i can install any exe files, and I could use my desktop wireless keyboard and mouse combo, using a small micro to usb convertor

I'm really happy with this purchase and I feel its a new beginning to Windows and downfall to Android/IOS
There are some bugs related to screen brightness, but it can be resolved by some change in settings.

Before buyiing Dell, I tried out Asus t100, lenovo miix 2

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think we can honestly compare an 8" Windows 8.1 Core device with WiFi and no functional accessories to a 10" Windows RT tablet with WiFi, 4G/LTE, and a solid productivity accessory. They just aren't the same category of device and don't cater to the same market.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What gets me is the people who automatically say, "Stay away from RT - you won't be happy with it." How do you know? Your needs may be different than the person's who is asking the question. For me, no way - RT won't make me happy. For my wife, an RT tablet is what we're going to get her. It will meet all of her needs. Just because RT doesn't meet your needs doesn't mean it doesn't meet everyone's needs.

As for the OP, there are two questions that you need to answer before making this decision. First is whether RT will meet your needs, or if Windows 8 is what you need. Second is screen size - will the 8" Dell meet your needs, or do you need the larger size of the 2520 (assuming RT is good enough for you)? You can get more granular after that, but IMO those are the first two questions you need to answer before making a decision on a particular tablet. And if RT won't meet your needs, and 8" is too small, then look at other tablets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon