Anyone Using Leef Bridge 3.0?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just found out this exists. I believe it is a fairly new product...

bridge_float-white.gif

Basically it is a microUSB-B 2.0 male AND a USB-A 3.0 male connector with flash memory in between. So, a thumb drive you can plug into either size port and supporting OTG.

https://www.2leef.com/bridge3

Found it at Radio Shack today. I was looking for an OTG cable, but this seems so much better. Also, the Shack is having a promo on these as a new product. I got a 16GB for $14.99. They go higher in storage (I saw up to 64GB), but the 16GB is all I need for my current project. BTW, every clerk I talked to today looked at me like I had a third eye when asking for a USB OTG cable. I had to explain patiently to them what it does and they had no idea of any such item existing. I never found an OTG cable having looked through several stores. I only found this as I didn't stop browsing store isles looking for what I wanted.

Just checked it out and it works on my Laptop running Windows 8.1 and my Dell Venue 8 Pro running Windows 8.1 Desktop. Windows quickly installed the drivers on both systems and identifies the device as a removable drive.

Yayz.

Now to get my recovery partition to boot from the Leef. Then I can recover 5+GB of system storage on my Dell.

I am also looking at making it a YUMI stick to multiboot Ubuntu, System Rescue CD, Widows Defender Offline and some other toys and utilities.

I thought it was a great device find that I should share here.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
*sigh*

YUMI is working for multiboot on my Laptop, but I just can't get 'er to boot on the Dell Venue 8 Pro via the Leef. Even after using BOTICE to make the Leef USB HDD...

​Still playing with it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised there are no comments in this thread yet after almost 200 views.

I'll tell you what; that Leef Bridge is a very handy tool. I'm thinking of getting a few more to have around.

The 16GB is now the Recovery Drive for my Dell Venue 8 Pro which has allowed me to free up space on my C:/ drive by reclaiming the Recovery Partition and it doubles as a very quick and easy transfer device between computer and tablet. One of the best purchases I've made recently.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This is interesting, but I'm not sure it is a necessary tool just yet. Maybe for a tablet like the Lumia 2520, since the tablet has the mini usb port and the keyboard portion has the full-sized port.

The dell tablet you have uses mini ports?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... The Dell has a micro B port, as so many tech devices do. Basically, Leef Bridge is designed to be a fast xfer between a Windows or Mac PC (USB A 3.0 side) and an Android device (USB microB 2.0 side).

In my case I am using both ends (A = laptop; microB = tablet) between two Windows 8.1 Desktop devices. Also doubles as a Recovery Drive for my Venue 8 Pro without requiring an OTG cable to adapt the two sizes...

The Leef Bridge has a lock button in the center, push that down and slide either way to expose the connector you want to use. Handy, small and one of the best ideas I've come across in a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire