Visiting Hong Kong, where to go for windows tablets?

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I will be in HK for 2 days and I am staying in Kowloon. I will be visiting the Golden Cimouter Market/Arcade, is there anywhere else prior would recommend visiting for a windows tablet?

That leads to my second question, any I should keep an eye out for whilst I am there?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I would go to HK to buy a watch, but since you want gadgets try Sham Shui Po and Apliu Streets. Good luck.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I already have a wonderful Skagen watch my dad got me for Xmas a few years back so no need for one, although I will keep an eye out for a bargain.

On the tablet front if I see anything interesting I'll post pics ;)

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
On side note, I was in HK couple of months back in Mongkok area (big shop on Argyle St) saw some sweet prices for WP include the L1020.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Just returned to the UK and all I can say is you are spoilt for choice in HK Golden Computer Arcade for cheaper windows tablets.

I will make a fuller post tomorrow once I have had some sleep!

Sent from my To be filled by O.E.M. using Tapatalk

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So this is a long time coming (this post)!

HK has a crazy selection of Windows & Android tablets, you just need to know where to look.

The Golden Computer Arcade is well worth a visit if you are going to HK, if not for a tablet just general PC goodies and the experience - it's surreal how many stalls are in one space... and just how big that space is!

I walked away with a Pipo W2f tablet with a fully licensed copy of W8.1, bluetooth keyboard and case, all for $1100 HKD, that translates to ?90 GBP.

I have no complaints, and am thrilled with the build quality of the tablet. It works brilliantly and as it is full fat windows, Steam and DOTA2 all work as well (ideal for when I am travelling abroad!).

Here is a pic of the Golden Computer Arcade;
15796658346_0782eec948_b.jpg

And the stalls inside;
15820388295_abc08e7d07_b.jpg

More photos from HK and Macau can be found here, for those that are interested; https://flic.kr/s/aHsk5xU6Vr

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
So this is a long time coming (this post)!

HK has a crazy selection of Windows & Android tablets, you just need to know where to look.

The Golden Computer Arcade is well worth a visit if you are going to HK, if not for a tablet just general PC goodies and the experience - it's surreal how many stalls are in one space... and just how big that space is!

I walked away with a Pipo W2f tablet with a fully licensed copy of W8.1, bluetooth keyboard and case, all for $1100 HKD, that translates to ?90 GBP.

I have no complaints, and am thrilled with the build quality of the tablet. It works brilliantly and as it is full fat windows, Steam and DOTA2 all work as well (ideal for when I am travelling abroad!).

Here is a pic of the Golden Computer Arcade;
View attachment 91322

And the stalls inside;
View attachment 91323

More photos from HK and Macau can be found here, for those that are interested; https://flic.kr/s/aHsk5xU6Vr
Thanks for posting that! Wow, I don't know if I could leave that place with less than a mile-high stack of devices. LOL

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
They are very cheap in there too. Nearly walked away with a 12" Android Tablet but then remembered I don't get on with android... nearly though...

I recommend the guys at Galaxy Electronics, they know their stuff and are happy to set the tablets into whatever language you need when you buy.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Glad you found a good deal!!! Sounds like fun.

Just a bit disappointed you didn't take more pics of the tablets and phones on display. Or even your own set up that you came back with.

Yes you have good pictures, just little of what the topic is about.

Sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer.....don't mean to, just wanted to see more in store shots and maybe your new gear up and running on display.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'll get some pics of the tablet when I can.

I would have but it was so damned busy you couldn't stand still, let alone stand back to get a shot of the stalls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett