Linx 8 Tablet

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
This is the lower end of the 8" Windows tabs.. At 8" inches, spring for something with more storage (32gigs) and 2gigs ram..

My budget is only 100 GBP, and only need something for the occasional use of Word & light gaming (mostly Game Dev Tycoon) while I'm away from home since my Windows Laptop is heavy to carry around with me, as well as for watching YouTube Videos and listening to Spotify.

Roland

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My budget is only 100 GBP, and only need something for the occasional use of Word & light gaming (mostly Game Dev Tycoon) while I'm away from home since my Windows Laptop is heavy to carry around with me, as well as for watching YouTube Videos and listening to Spotify.

Roland

Well then it'll do fine. Make sure to get an SD card. That 16gigs it's practically useless.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This tablet is being sold at Tesco as a bundle with a Nokia Lumia 530. Its being sold for just ?129.
Its a surprisingly good tablet, very fast. My friend wanted a Nokia Lumia 1520 but he bought this bundle instead.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
This tablet is being sold at Tesco as a bundle with a Nokia Lumia 530. Its being sold for just ?129.
Its a surprisingly good tablet, very fast. My friend wanted a Nokia Lumia 1520 but he bought this bundle instead.

I was looking at the HP Stream 7 as well, but since I've got a 32GB SD Card in my Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini that I no longer use I might get this one instead and get the extra inch of screen for less.

Since my mum has given me some money to get what I want for Christmas.

Roland

kiloeightone

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I just won a Linx 8 tablet, only played about with it for a few hours so far but first I impressions are that its great. I'm not a pro user, so this tablet suits my needs perfectly. I think some of the Linx 8's came with 32gb instead of the 16gb, mine certainly did.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting the HP Stream 7 instead. Now trying to get hold of my free Office for a year, but keep getting a 404 error when I select Activate.

Roland

kiloeightone

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Rolandh, that happened to me a few times trying to activate mine. I was just about to contact support when I have it one last try and it worked.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting the HP Stream 7 instead. Now trying to get hold of my free Office for a year, but keep getting a 404 error when I select Activate.

Roland

Double check your date and time on the tablet. Make sure daylight saving is set correctly for your region. I'd the tablet is carrying the wrong time it will affect your ability to activate

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Double check your date and time on the tablet. Make sure daylight saving is set correctly for your region. I'd the tablet is carrying the wrong time it will affect your ability to activate

It eventually let me activate, don't know why it wouldn't at first though. But at least I get my 1 year of Office now.

Roland

Reddeviluk

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys, been using my Linx 8" tablet for a month now and I love it, does everything I need and more. Had anyone else managed to find a case that fits though? Had a look everywhere but without any success. Let's keep this thread going as there seems to be a shortage of online content specific to the Linx tablets.

Rich

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys

I got me a Linx 8 and 10 tablet over the weekend. Nice little machines, the other half has the 10 and i use the 8. Also got 2 7" boxed up for Christmas presents :)
One thing i have noticed is that i cant find any forums on these devices on what people have attempted.

One thing im trying to do is get readyboost working on a 64gbSD card but not having much joy. I thought it was the version of windows so i just activated a windows 8.1 pro licence i had to see if it was that nope.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Replace office 365 with libre office. It is free and not only for 1 year.

This may be acceptable for private use, but as soon as you're doing anything official or business related, you're gonna have a hard time using anything but Microsoft Office. I've tried them all, but none of them was as powerful as MS Office. Not to mention that some of them can't keep the correct formatting. Since MS started Office 365, Office has become very affordable, so there's barely any reason not to use it.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I only use libre office because I needed something to type but yes for work it is not always an option. For school it I possible.
I don't want to pay for something that I am not really using.
Office 365 comes with my tablet for a year and i am going to try it. Tried the google version but that is just way to limited even for me.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I only use libre office because I needed something to type but yes for work it is not always an option. For school it I possible.
I don't want to pay for something that I am not really using.
Office 365 comes with my tablet for a year and i am going to try it. Tried the google version but that is just way to limited even for me.

If you're going to school or are a student, you can even get most parts of Office for free. Microsoft has a lot of different educational support programs for these exact purposes. And with Office 365 offering an experience that you can sort of tailor it to your exact needs, you could leave out everything you have no use for and get everything else for a pretty low price. You're right though, if you barely ever use it, there's plenty of decent alternatives available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99