HP Stream 7 or Dell Venue 8?

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Got a $50 Amazon card so was looking to get a smaller Windows tablet to use mostly for reading and maybe watching Netflix on occasion. I have a Surface Pro 3 for most of the heavy lifting. Kind of have it narrowed down to the Stream 7 or the Venue 8.

Venue 8 appears to have a better screen from the videos I have seen and the extra inch would be nice. But I do like that there is a Signature Edition of the Stream.

Any recommendations?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have both, and, by far, the DV8P is the better of the two. Don't get me wrong, the Stream 7 is a very nice, ultra-portable machine, but the DV8P is such a good device. :)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks the reviews seem good. Only complaint I've seen is the placement of the Windows button

That issue has been way overblown by people, in my opinion. I just swipe in from the right side of the screen and tap the Windows icon. I think people mostly just miss a capacitive button...again, just my opinion. :)

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Sweet! I think that covers it. My gf is deciding between the Stream 8 and the Venue 8 as well. Think she'll go with the Dell as well.

Geodude074

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks the reviews seem good. Only complaint I've seen is the placement of the Windows button

Actually I prefer the Windows button where it is on the Venue 8 Pro. Dell made a smart decision by placing it there. It's quick and easy to find when holding the tablet in landscape mode, because my fingers are already close to it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3