Any tablets from CES 2015 impress you?

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested in the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8". Also think the Toshiba Encore with stylus is interesting. Besides one of my two speakers breaking, I'm pretty satisfied with my 1 GB version.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
The Lenovo Yoga 2 8". I have the Yoga 2 10" tablet and love it. Now I want h 8" to.
I have already an 8" but I love my yogo 2 more because of the shape, build quality and how fine it is in the hand. Also the standard build in is great. Speakers a loud and battery life is just great.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you heard how much better battery life is supposed to be with Cherry Trail?

15 hours battery life seems pretty impressive on this tablet.

I wouldn't necessarily believe that 15 hour stuff. Reviews I saw made that seem slightly inflated, and I've never known a Lenovo product to QUITE match its promised battery life. (I used to work at the Microsoft store. I sold a lot of Lenovos).

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Have you heard how much better battery life is supposed to be with Cherry Trail?

15 hours battery life seems pretty impressive on this tablet.

Never really checked it but my Yoga Tablet 2-13" usage in a 24hr day, web surfing, using Enterprise Office, watching videos I only have to charge every couple days.

If I do the same with my N920 I better have it hooked to a charger after about 6 hrs.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely going to buy the Toshiba Encore 2 Write. Although it doesn't use the same Wacom technology found in the Surface Pro 1 & 2, I am hopeful that Wacom did a good job with its Active ES stuff.

Besides that, I am intrigued by Intel Core M. I'll probably pick up either the 'HP Envy x2 Detachable PC' or ASUS Transformer Book Chi. I'm really interested in seeing how these devices stack up with heavy web browsing, Office, streaming, casual games, etc.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Never really checked it but my Yoga Tablet 2-13" usage in a 24hr day, web surfing, using Enterprise Office, watching videos I only have to charge every couple days.

If I do the same with my N920 I better have it hooked to a charger after about 6 hrs.

My yoga 2 10" I checked it and tried what I can do with it and even with youtube running all the time and screen brightness ad 50% and not on energy saving mode, I reach 9+ ours and that is max video usage with wifi.
Normal use I am each time above the 10 ours easy. I charge my tablet every night but I use it all day without having to charge it or be worried about it.

All companies show a higher battery life than you get out of it but I believe that the yoga 2 can come close to the 15 ours or even reach it. It depends on what you do with it and in normal use you will not reach it because you use Bluetooth, wi-fi and put the scree brightness a bit up and than you get what you do with it. Videos will drain your battery faster than running office and office offline will make that you can work a bit longer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix