Will you get a Windows 8 tablet?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I thought I would conduct a quick poll here just to see who thinks this is the Tablet of the future and will be the tablet to get.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yep! I was going to get an ultrabook for travel, but decided I'd rather get a tablet. Especially, if it will come with full version of Windows.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely!! I am very excited to get some good hardware to run Windows 8 on. I may not pick up a tablet when they first come out, but I will make sure to buy one that is of decent quality. The idea of running full Windows on a tablet is very appealing to me.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I want one, but can't afford it. Not sure how to vote this answer...

I would like to have a powerful custom rig at home and a tablet for on the go computing, but I have to settle with a laptop for to foreseeable future

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Definitely been waiting for the right tablet. RIM put out the right size, but entered without enough of the right stuff. Really shouldn't have needed a BB phone to "bridge" the missing elements. Now, there are not enough developers for BB unless you want to count on droidware to make up the loss. Will NOT buy Iphad

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
If I were to get a tablet it would be one running Windows 8, but I prefer the design and functionality of a laptop so I'll just get a laptop with Windows 8 instead.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll want one but after paying $99 for a Touchpad I may have sticker shock. What are the chances of porting Windows 8 to the Touchpad?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
i've got the consumer preview installed on a three year old Latitude D630 and it runs faster than my "kind of pimped out" desktop that has a ssd in it, good god now thats some quality programming from MS, me want!

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll want one but after paying $99 for a Touchpad I may have sticker shock. What are the chances of porting Windows 8 to the Touchpad?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

I don't think that would work well for various reasons even if it was possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo