Win 8 on ipad

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Desperately want to see news of win 8 being put on an iPad....id due it in a heartbeat....the new is is amazing. Been using the consumer preview since it came out and can't wait to use it with a touch screen device. Even if they got it going on a touchpad I'd pick one up on eBay in a heartbeat.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

vault21x

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I had been hoping the same for a while. Issue is all W8 releases to date (DP, CP) have been for Intel/x86 processors (i.e. same as all previous versions of Windows). The iPad, Touchpad, PlayBook, and most android tabs are all ARM-based, so you won't have much luck for a while.

Also, WOA (Windows On ARM <- not an official name, despite what some are reporting) won't be distributed as a separate/installable OS; rather, like WP and iOS, it will only be available preinstalled with devices (and optimized for each unique device). So even when W8 goes full release it is unlikely we'll be able to easily load it onto an existing ARM-based tablet; though I'm sure some of our hacker friends at XDA will figure something out once WOA builds begin to emerge...

vault21x

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Even if they got it going on a touchpad I'd pick one up on eBay in a heartbeat.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Also, don't know what your budget is, but if you want a decent tablet good for W8 I got an EXOPC Slate (an x86-64 based tablet) off eBay for around $350 and have been using the CP on that since. I even saw some postings for the tablet with the CP already loaded-on, though selling for $600+...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros