The Verge Windows 8 Review - This guy gets it

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the fanDroids and ifanboys in the comments can't find anything to troll about. Hilarious.

Great article, and indeed, "this guy gets it", finally someone does on a tech blog.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Nice. I like the way he has described how it is useful to an everyday user(like me). So, plus one.

I also had a question..who exactly had made the Surface? I mean the hardware...the physical device?

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Please note that isn't actual review from The Verge. You'll probably see a more comprehensive (and sadly more negative) piece soon.

I also had a question..who exactly had made the Surface? I mean the hardware...the physical device?
It's Microsoft designed, but it will be manufactured and assembled in China by companies you wouldn't bother to remember. Pretty much the case with any technology at this stage.

benjiprice

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
That's really interesting, and I confess that I myself didn't actually "get it" because I didn't recognize the potential to collapse the tablet and laptop into one. It seems obvious to me know, and I guess that's how MS was approaching the tablet 10yrs before others anyway.

I have an iPad and literally never use it, mainly because I hate typing on it and I rarely find myself having long sessions where I don't need to type something. So a solution that incorporated a physical keyboard, whether through a "folded" laptop or some docking method, might answer my needs. That said, I'd be concerned with the longevity of the moving pieces.

Looking forward to seeing what options there will be (I've seen some already).

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I am starting to feel bad about trashing on The Verge so much. I guess there are some folks there who aren't biased and present professionally. Hooray for moments I can be proud to be mistaken, lol.

This is a good review by David Pierce. I'm looking forward to seeing more of his views as we get closer to launch.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
that post has me excited.. i sold my iPad (3rd gen with LTE) and macbook air(2012) when i heard about the surface.. i was an avid iFanboy.. you couldn't tell me anything bad about my iphone or ipad(although when jailbroken it's beautiful) but.. this device looks like nothing but fun.. as an author and future professor i can say i am ecstatic for this device.. cyan please!(since the 920 won't carry that color)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss