Tablets with digitizers

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So far, the only Windows 8 tablet with a real digitizer/stylus that I'm aware of is the Asus VivoTab.

Well, there's the Surface Pro, but that's still three months away.

Do you guys and gals know of other Windows 8 tablets that have digitizers?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Samsung Smart PC and Smart PC Pro, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2, HP Envy X2, Sony Vaio Duo 11 are the ones I can think of right now.

Also Dell Latitude 10 and at least one Fujitsu.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The Lenovo X220T and X230T have Wacom Bamboo digitizer screens with capacitive multitouch capability as well. Pretty nice combo though a bit heavy and cumbersome in tablet mode; I mostly use the pen when I've got the screen folded up and need to use a Win8 desktop app, and mostly use my fingers when I'm dealing with metro apps.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
People need to remember that Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro are different SKUs of the same product.

"Windows 8" refers to the "Home Premium" equivalent, this time around. Both are still x86/x64, however.

Windows RT is something entirely different, as the version that runs on ARM. Also, for what it's worth, Windows RT appears to have the same pen support if a hardware vendor decides to use a true pen digitizer. However, so far, none of the OEMs have chosen to do so, most likely to keep cost down, I'd bet.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The thinkpad 2 tablet is a full win 8 pro device, not an rt device and pen would work well on it.

I know it's X86 tablet, though the point i was making was that will the atom tablet be able to handle it either. Because only where where i have seen this work smoothly has been core tablets.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I am very impressed with the lenovo, just wish they had put a core processor in it. Not impressed with the low res screen though. Sure that has to do with the weak atom as well. Shocked at how light and thin it is for a pro device though. Thinner than the Surface RT and lighter. Remarkable.

rafyn

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a Windows 8 Tablet with wacom (or wacom technology at least) digitizer that will be released in the UK with a decent sized HDD. All the tablets I have seen so far seem to be being released in the US with 128GB + SDD but then they are released in the UK with a tiny 64GB SDD. Can we assume that we british are considered to not require as much space?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos