Battery life feedback from Surface owners?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if any of you lucky enough to have a Surface in your possession can share what the battery life has been like. Any of you have significant experience with an iPad and can provide a comparison of the battery life between the two?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't emptied a full charge yet, but the initial charge up was fast! It shipped empty and within two hours while I as doing the initial setup I had it charging and it was almost full when I was done

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I generally deplete the battery on new devices before a full charge. It was at about 45% out of the box, and I used it off and on all day (got it at 10am) before it finally died around 8pm. I plugged it in, and it was fully charged within 2 hours.

So I'm guessing a full charge easily gets you through a full day with moderate to semi-heavy use.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I used it off and on from around 1:00 PM after a full charge. At midnight it was still at 85% - hadn't done anything heavy but had tried a lot of things, downloaded a bunch of apps, and played with (and then reset) the power settings. My impression is that it will easily last more than a day with light to moderate use; certainly a day of heavier use; and quite a bit longer if you are some place with no wifi and switch to airplane mode. In a couple quick tests of streaming video and music, it was also a bit better than my former Transformer Prime and a bit worse that my former BlackBerry PlayBook. Altogether, my impression is the battery life rating is reasonably accurate.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Battery seems ridiculously good...

I watch an episode of New Girl, Dexter, Supernatural, and Last Resort on it with my gf, and it only went down like 10%.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is insanely good for what I was expecting, but just above average for the actual specs and comparison. It came about 45% charged and lasted me till 4-5pm after download apps, skype, and heavy web searching.. Charged back to 100% in 2 hours though. o_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap