ThinkPad Tablet 2 to be announced next week?

Tafkas373

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,
I yearn for that very promising little pen supporting tablet and really think I'm gonna get one - unless it's gonna be too costly, cause, let's face it, it's got no Surface Pro Click-Keyboard.
But where is it? Lenovo site says coming November, and there is a new sneak peek video, at the end of which the Lenovo guy says it there would be an event "next week" at the MoMa. Lenovo.de, as usual, barely even recognizes Windows 8. So, my fellow Windows fans from the Big Aplle, do you know anything about that event? Or at least prices for Tablet, Keyboard and Dock?
Cheers,
Andreas

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've heard it's anywhere from $629 to $699 for the tablet. I think the cheapest price was for 1GB of RAM, 32GB SSD, and no stylus. The $699 I see at the Microsoft Store for preorder supposedly includes 2GB of RAM, a 64GB SSD, and a stylus.

The keyboard is $120.

ThinkPad Tablet 2 Bluetooth Keyboard with Stand - US English | Lenovo | (US)

Or you can get the tablet and keyboard together for $799

Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 with Windows 8 to be priced at $799 with keyboard | Windows Phone Central

I don't know how much the dock costs or about any events. I'm not liking the silence from all the OEMs. A lot of them said they would launch on the 26th, and that date has past and we've heard nothing from them. It's like they're not interested in selling these things.

Tafkas373

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I've heard rumours about issues with Atom drivers. Who knows. That talk wpcentral had with the Lenovo presenter was good for a lot of fun, though. German tech-blogs (sorry, I don't remember which) git from it that the tablet with keyboard and dock and everything would sell for 799 and include - yes, include, not just "be able to run" Office, PhotoShop and Quicken :D.

RTS2

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I did a chat session with a Lenovo rep on Oct 24 and they said it would be released Nov 16 :(.

Thank you for contacting Lenovo Sales Chat. My name is Anwesh . My rep id is 2900710940. Happy to help you today.
IS_Agent : Hello Revecca!
You : Hi, I am interesteted in the new Lenovo ThinkPad 2 Windows 8 tablet. When will it be released?
IS_Agent : It will release on Nov 16.
You : Will preorders be available before that date?
IS_Agent : I am sorry, as of now there are no pre orders
You : Do you know when pre-orders will be available?
IS_Agent : The date is not fixed for pre orders.
You : OK thanks for your help
IS_Agent : I suggest you to register in lenovo site to get the updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills